Chapter 4 - The Old Friend

[Word count - 827]

The weekend...

Location - Edogawa Music Shop

Your POV

Rei and I still talk to each other whenever we can. She even gave me her phone, and I was able to give her mine. She and I have been bringing each other up to speed on everything that's been going on with our lives whenever we're not hanging out.

On my end, I mentioned how my friend, Akira, has been busy getting people together like usual. He did his best to get me a girlfriend, but as you can guess, it didn't workout.

On Rei's end, she mentioned about taking part in the BanG Dream Challenge with two other bands: Poppin' Party and Roselia. I was happy about RAS taking on this new challenge, but... given how Chu2 acts around other people, my thoughts on RAS might change soon enough.

As the weeks go by, Rei suggests that I should play an instrument just like her. The idea was for the two of us to perform on the streets someday, just like she did down at the train station. I think it's an interesting idea, and so, I decided to go to Edogawa Music Shop to buy my first instrument.

One thing stands in my way, though, it's picking an instrument. I thought about it for a while, and I think it'd be a good idea to play the bass just like Rei. Once the weekend rolled around, I went to Edogawa to check out which bass appeals to me the most. That was also easier said than done. 

"Which bass should I go for?" I asked myself while considering my options. 

"I think you should go for this one." 

I jumped by the unknown voice. I looked over and saw a girl standing next to me.

Where did she come from? I don't know what it is, but something about her looks familiar

"Umm, what?" I blink in confusion.

"I think you should go for this bass." She said and pointed to one of the basses that are on display.

I looked at it, and even though the bass does look cool, I just wasn't exactly feeling that one. But there must be a reason why she suggested it.