Sorrow

!!WARNING!!

THIS CHAPTER FOLLOWS THE COURSE OF THE SERIES!!IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE WAY DIE FOR A SECOND TIME, DO NOT READ!!!AN ALTERNATE CHAPTER WILL BE POSTED AFTER THIS FANFIC IS OVER IF YOU WISH TO SEE WAY ALIVE!!!

~~~

The world was spinning. The darkness had taken hold of Way and was not letting him go. Sirens wailed all around him, creating a cacophony of sobs and siren wails. His vision kept fading in and out, but he saw Babe's face contorted into a look of pure despair. It hurt Way to see his best friend like that. But it hurt him even more to see the look of shock and pain, pure and true pain on Pete's face. There was a buzzing noise like a bee was stuck in his brain. It was irritating. Babe cradled onto Way praying to everything that the ambulance would come faster. Way could feel the blood leaving his body and his heart slow down.

"No! NO!! You can't leave me Way! I apologize for everything, I am so sorry!!! Please. Please, don't leave me. I love you. I love you so much." Babe half whispered yelled at Way, sobs accenting his words.

"Ba-" Way's voice hitched, it was getting harder to breathe. "Babe. Stop. No more tears. Do not waste them on me. I know that you are sorry, but I'm the one who should be saying that. I love you so much, don't you ever forget about me. But please, let your life continue. Be happy again. Be happy with Charlie. I wish you both all the best-"

Way erupted into a coughing fit. Blood was everywhere now. He was seeing stars. Shit. Pete.

"Pete," Way called out. Within two seconds Pete appeared right beside him. Way's head rested on Pete's lap as Babe still tried to hold him up.

"Yes, princess?" Pete said trying desperately to hold back tears.

"I love you so, so, so much. Don't ever stop loving me. Even if I'm not there, I'll always be with you. But, don't get hung up on me. Move on. Heal. For me. Promise me?" Way said extending his pinky to Pete, smiling up at him the whole time. Pete could no longer hold back his tears, he smiled back down at Way. Tears dripped onto Way's face, but could not feel them. Pete wrapped his pinky around Way's, sealing their promise. Pete then leaned down and gave a small peck on Way's lips. When Pete withdrew a small blood stain was left on the corner of his lips. But he still smiled so loving down at Way. Way couldn't be anymore at bliss. The buzzing noise grew louder. Everything was becoming foggy. He was fighting sleep. But, without his consent, his eyes fluttered shut, and he drifted away, his soul moving on to the next life. The next life. That sounded wonderful.

~~~

"No. No! NO! Way! Way!!! Wake up!!! No, no no!!! Please, please... open your eyes!!" Wailed Babe, suddenly scrambling and shaking Way, hoping beyond hope that he would wake up. Pete knew that it was all in vain. He was broken. And he allowed himself to be. As soon as he saw that Way was going jump in front of Tony's bullet his heart sank. He could not lose Way. They had been together less than a week and he could not afford to lose the one person he had ever truly loved. The sound of the bullet striking against Way was painful enough, but not being able to do anything hurt worse. Babe had gone back to shooting at Tony once Way had fallen, but all Pete could do was sit there and watch. Pete was paralyzed, his eyes transfixed on Way's still yet very mobile body. Not until Kenta came in a kill the man behind all the bad things that had ever happened in his life could Pete finally move. Babe and Pete cradled Way as he took his last breaths on in this life, on this Earth. Way was going too quickly, they had just become and couple and now he was being taken away from Pete. Just when Pete thought that maybe this time the person he lived with wouldn't be taken away from him, Way was cut from his life by the cruel hands of fate.