Chapter 28

Daemon goes a little torture happy before getting pissed off at his grandfather. Baelon is sick of the Hightowers. I hope you guys like it 🥰

Anger did not describe what he was feeling, the need for blood consumed him. He had been more than happy to take some of his anger out on the men who had been in charge of guarding his family, especially the four guards who had allowed the men to attack his sister. Daemon had discovered that four of the guards in charge of the protection of the castle had accepted gold in exchange for allowing those men to attack a small child. Daemon had been more than happy to beat the men to death before tearing them apart until he was covered in blood from head to toe. After killing the men he made his way to Otto Hightower's cell. The man's eyes were wide as he looked at Daemon and the blood covering him.

"I have been talking to some of the guards." Daemon's voice was low and almost understanding. "They had some very interesting information, I think you will find it interesting also."

Otto swallowed and his voice was shaky. "You can't keep me here."

"Of course I can." Daemon gave Otto an amused smile. "And you are a suspect, especially since the guards I just tore apart told me a very interesting story. They said that a knight belonging to house Hightower paid them to turn the other way and allow three assassins to enter the castle and go after my sister." Daemon grabbed Otto's hair in a tight fist and pulled his head back. "My sister, a small child who can barely walk and they wanted to kill her." His fist tightened until the man groaned. "Can you imagine how much that angers me?"

Otto tried to shake his head. "I had nothing to do with that and neither did my family. We would never betray the royal family."

"Really?" He pulled Otto's head farther back. "Then how do you explain the knight with your house sigil?"

"It could have been someone impersonating him." Otto looked desperate. "We would never do anything to jeopardize our positions or to hurt an innocent child." Otto gave him a pleading look. "We were all with my nephew, who is very sick."

"Actually, your nephew is dead." Daemon felt great satisfaction in telling Otto about the man's death. But he was not done giving important news. "He died less than an hour ago. I also heard that your son is sick. The maester said that he started complaining about pain on his side and lower belly a few minutes ago."

Otto's face lost all color. "What? That is not possible."

"Why not?" Daemon played stupid. "Your nephew was sick and your son was near him, maybe is something contagious. We should make sure you all are not sick."

Otto would watch his entire family die a very painful death, the same death he had wished for Baelon. Daemon wished he could torture the man, that he could tear him apart. According to his grandsire, highborn lords were not allowed to be tortured for information. But Daemon got other ways to get what he desired and he would not allow Otto and his family to get away with what they had done.

"My prince," He let go of the man's hair and turned to face the guard, who looked at him like he was a demon. The man cleared his throat. "The king wishes to see you."

Daemon was not pleased. "Does it have to be now?"

The man swallowed at the annoyance in his voice. "Yes, the king was very clear."

Daemon rolled his eyes and walked out of the cell, he was hoping his grandsire would not order him to release Otto. He did not bother to change and enjoyed the wide looks he received as he walked to the king's chambers. People were quick to move out of the way, some women became green and looked like they were going to be sick. Daemon did not mind, he wanted them to look and to be afraid, he wanted them all to know the lengths he would go to to protect his family.