Chapter 1

Amelia

The music inside the house was loud. Too loud actually. But I didn't really care. I was tipsy and I wanted to find the perfect guy for a one-night stand. And I know that, for some people, that sounds terrible, but I didn't care about that either. When you've been dating the same person for 6 years, only to be thrown away like chewed gum when he found someone better, all you want to do is enjoy life and not get into anything complicated like a relationship. Hell, I don't even think I could handle having a friend with benefits type of relationship at that moment of my life. I just wanted to have fun and be completely free to do whatever I wanted.

The frat house was a little too crowded for me. My best friend Lisa and I were dancing on what I supposed was their living room, where they improvised a dance floor, when her "friend" approached her, hugged her from behind and started dancing with her in a very sexual way, making me excuse myself and make my way to the kitchen so I could grab another drink. I really wasn't in the mood to see them hooking up all night long, like it had happened ever since Cameron broke up with me. 

When I finally reached the kitchen, after bumping into an insanely amount of people and almost getting elbowed in the face by a drunk guy, I poured myself another cup of vodka with lemonade and took a big gulp of it. It looked like the entire University of Manchester decided to join the frat party that night, which didn't usually happen. Frat parties were always insane, but I had never seen anything like that before. Maybe because it was the beginning of the first semester, and no one had exams or projects to do yet. Either way, it was way too packed, and I was getting claustrophobic.

A couple entered the kitchen, mouths glued together. I watched in horror as the guy took the girl and placed her on top of the counter, stepping in between her legs and continuing the extreme PDA as if they weren't at a college party in a kitchen full of college students. When the girl moaned, I almost gagged, placing my arm on the counter and my forehead on my arm, trying to block that image from my mind. 

"Are you okay?" A male voice asked, a little too close to me. I got startled, almost jumping back at the proximity, until I finally looked at him. He was tall and extremely gorgeous, with green eyes, curly brown hair and tan skin. He was wearing a cap back, a stripped red shirt and black skinny jeans. He took the red cup he was holding to his soft looking lips, taking a sip from his drink as he waited for my answer. His hands were big, and he was wearing a few rings, which made them look even sexier.

"I'm fine." I said, closing my eyes a little, suspiciously. 

"Just checking." He shrugged. He looked back at the couple heavily making out right next to us, and then back at me. "I would feel sick too if I was looking at that for too long..." 

"Disgusting." I agreed and we both laughed. "Do you go to Manchester University?"

"I do. Do you?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"Hm." He said, taking another drink from his cup. "Never seen you around."

"Me neither. Wanna hook up?" I asked, as he was taking another drink, making him chock on his drink.

"What?"

"I said..." I approached him slowly, looking him straight into those green eyes of his, and repeated slowly. "Do. You. Wanna. Hook. Up?" He gave me a wicked smile.

In a matter of seconds, we were stumbling our way into the upstairs bathroom, mouths glued together just as disgustingly as the couple that was making out right next to us in the kitchen. As soon as we reached the bathroom, he turned around quickly, locking the door. He turned back to me, gluing his mouth to mine again, while I grabbed him wherever and however I could.