Shay

Shay

Being the son of a rich CEO comes with its perks. Money, fame, attention. It's all amazing, isn't it? No, the answer is no. Constantly having the media on your trail, watching your every move, knowing everything you do and when. It's not good, especially when you have a secret like mine.

"Daddy!" Axel, my son, crawls up to me, holding his arms up for me to grab him.

He's two years old, and the only words he knows are "daddy" and "milk" for his bottle.

"Hi, my sweet boy." I kiss his head as he giggles and babbles.

He's a got the cutest little smile, one baby tooth in the front, thick brown hair that's short, and the brightest green eyes.

He's my secret. My deepest, darkest secret.

"Son." My dad, Mr. Thornefield, as he likes me and the whole world to call him.

"Mr. Thornefield." I say nonchalantly and roll my eyes.

"You start at your new school tomorrow. Red Crest...remember?" He asks, his lips in a straight line.

"Yeah I remember." I say and roll my eyes. He acts like I'm five and can't remember to tie my shoes. I'm sixteen, with a kid, I'm pretty sure I can remember a school name.

Axel buries his head in the crook of my neck cooing. He's my everything.

"You're sixteen, son. You need to be more responsible. So, I got you a body guard." He says as a tall man walks in.

He's got dark hair, almost black, dark piercing eyes. Tattoos on his forearms. Three rings on his fingers, and overall intimidating. He also has the most stoic look I have ever seen on someone's face, and if you know my father that's saying something.

"This is Elliot Davenport, he's eighteen, trained in the army by his father. Very capable of anything. He's qualified very highly."

"Why would you get me a body guard that's almost the same age as me? Shouldn't they be older?" I say.

"Trust me, son, he's perfect to be your bodyguard," He assures me. "Now I'll let you two get acquainted. I have a business trip to attend to."

"Yeah it's always business with you." I mumble as he walks away.

"Daddy...milk!" Axel says, the cutest pouty and grumpy expression on his face.

I walk into the kitchen and pull out his bottle, warming it up a bit in the microwave. He clenches his baby hand into a little fist and punches my shoulder, giggling.

"Daddy! Daddy!" He giggles as I start to tickle him.

I give him his bottle as he drinks it, his eyes closing, head resting on my chest. I sit on the couch, looking up at Elliot who's watching with an eyebrow raised.

"Mind if I ask a question? About the kid?" He asks in a deep voice.

"Go ahead."

"Is he yours?" He narrows his eyes.

"Yes, he's mine." I say softly and quietly.

He opens and closes his mouth as if he's about to say something but he doesn't. He just watches Axel.

"Don't ask how. That's for another time." I say keeping my gaze on my son.

"Alright, understood."

❦ ❦ ❦

The next morning I wake up to Axel looking at me with his head tilted. He kept me up until three in the morning. I'm practically dead right now and I have school in an hour.