Layla

Layla

The billionaires son. Shay Thornefield. Of course they stuck me, the most socially awkward and quiet girl in this school, to show him around.

"This is the atrium," I say gesturing to the large room. It's beautiful. Carefully crafted chairs and a glass roof with intricate circular patters. "It's the prettiest place of the school."

I turn my head to find him staring straight at me. Not the school, not the atrium, but me. No one ever looks at me.

He shakes his head, knocking himself out of a daze and speaks staring at me still, "You're right. Very pretty." I don't know what that was and I don't know if I like it.

But I do admit he's kinda cute. He's got fluffy, short brown hair. The prettiest green, emerald eyes. He's tall, like really, really tall. But his smile. That smile stopped me in my tracks. A sweet but mischievous smile.

Now the guy that's with him. That's hot. He's super tall, he's got tattoos and three rings, his hair is so dark. And his eyes are so stormy and black. But no we're not doing that, no crushes.

"The commons area is where we have lunch. Well, where the others have lunch." I say. I don't eat lunch in here. I eat in the theater away from others.

"What do you mean "where the others have lunch" don't you eat in here, too?" Shay asks tilting his head slightly. Cute. I look up at him and into his eyes.

"No. I eat in the theater," I explain quietly. He still has a questioning look in his eyes. "Because I don't have anyone to sit with."

His whole face softens. His eyes are so soft. So beautiful. So green. So deep. He looks at me one more time and back to the commons area.

"Can we see the theatre?" He asks glancing between me and Mr. Hot Tattoo Guy. I nod and motion for him to follow.

"Can I ask you a question?" I don't look at Shay but I glance at the side of my eye. And of course, he's staring at me.

"Sure." He says and nods. I take a minute and actually look at him. I feel my cheeks flush and I hate it.

"Who is he?" I point at Mr. Hot Tattoo Guy who looks at me when I ask. He smirks at my flushed face. Can I just run away?

"That's Elliot. My body guard." He says and glares at Mr. Hot Tattoo Guy—Elliot who's smirking at me.

"You have body guard?!" My voice squeals just slightly. I put my hand to my mouth. Shay smiles adoringly at me when I do so.

"Yeah I have a body guard. My dad made me." He says. I nod and look every where but them. Why is this my life?

"Let's just go see the theater." I mumble and start walking. I hear a muffled laugh behind me. God no are they laughing at me? What did I do? Do I look stupid? Is there toilet paper on my shoe or something?

I walk them into the theater and we step onto the stage. My happy place. Where everything goes away and I'm free.

"This is the theater. We have assemblies, some of us eat lunch in here and by some I mean me, we have dance practice and performances in here, too."

"Dance?" Elliot says from behind Shay in a low and gravely voice that sends tingles down my spine.

"Dance? There's a dance team. We perform every other two weeks." I explain and look out at the auditorium. It takes my breath away every single time.

"You're on the dance team?" Shay asks and I nod. I glance at him again out the side of my eye. Both him and Elliot are staring at me. Yeah I'm definitely running away.

"How long have you been at this school?" Elliot speaks up again. He has a really, really deep voice, now slightly louder. I look at them.

"A year. I'm on a dance scholarship," I say quietly. "It'll be two at the end of this year. It's not that bad here...just lonely if you don't find your people."

"And you haven't found your people?" Shay asks his voice taking a soft tone. Almost sympathetic. His eyes are soft when he looks at me. I nod.

"Did you get your schedule?" He hands it to me and I look it over. We have all the same classes except when he has athletics, I have dance class. That works out I guess.

"We have the same classes. Just not athletics for you and dance for me." I hand him his paper back and he smiles.

"So I get to see you more then?" He says as he steps closer to me. He looks right down at me. He's so tall. I look up at him, my cheeks on fire.

He looks at me and he raises his hand. For a second it's like he's going to touch my cheek but instead he runs his fingers through his hair.

Smooth.

"Can I ask you something personal?" He says suddenly after some really uncomfortable silence. Even though I'm used to the silence but that's not the point.

"Yeah." I sit at the edge of the stage motioning for him and Elliot to sit, too. I fidget with my hands and wait for him to speak.

"You don't have to be nervous remember," He says and continues. "Why are you not with others? Why do you sit alone?"

"Others...don't look at me. They don't talk to me. I'm only back ground noise or character whatever. I'm not a talkative person really."

"You're talking to me," He says watching my every move and expression. "And it seems you're pretty good at it."

I don't say anything. I don't know why it's easy to talk to him but it is. Even with Elliot here.

"Some people are easier to talk to than others." I shrug, heat flaring my cheeks, him smirking. I look up for a second and push hair behind my ears.

He lets out a low hum and glances around at the stage. He looks back at me and then to the ground. It's almost as if he's been analyzing me this whole time and I don't know why.

"I see. Now," He scoots closer, looking down at me, a smirk. "Am I one of this people?" My checks are flaring.

I nod and look down, away from him. He steps back, a satisfied look on his face. The bell rings for the end of the school day.

"I suppose I'll be seeing you tomorrow, hm?" He asks, an eye brow raised. He knows dang well he'll be seeing me tomorrow. We have all the same classes.

"Yes." I nod. He looks at me once more, smiles cutely, waves and walks off with Elliot— Mr. Hot Tattoo Guy. Sorry, I had to say it again.

Authors note:
NOT EDITED KEEP RUDE COMMENTS TO YOURSELF, please.