Chapter 3: Memories

This is not for April fools I swear

>Keywords:

- Y/N - Your name

-----------×------------

Silence.

That was what engulfed the room as Soviet quickly but quietly made his way to the front door. He opened the door, and his eyes slightly widened. There was just a delivery man, who was holding a brown package. He handed him the package, and simply left.

Y/N looked baffled, because of how quiet it was the entire time.

"What? It is quiet here in Russia." Soviet snickers.

"Uh, okay.. Wait, when is Russia gonna come back?" She asks, rather blunt. "Maybe after a day or so. I maybe think he sent this package, because we were running out of food. He wouldn't waste his time getting food manually, as we know, he is The Russian federation." He answers, not bothered at all by Y/N's question, while opening the fridge door.

He placed only some food in it, while keeping some fresh ones on the kitchen counter. Y/N looked at him confused, only for her questioned to be answered by Soviet as if he just read her mind.

"I'm going to cook food. It has been 2 hours since you've last ate."

Y/N only nods in respond, as she looks at the various photos hung on the wall. There was one that basically showed a picture of Russia having his first steps, while right next to it were around 15 more of his sibling's first steps.

"Dang, those are a lot of photos." She thought gleefully. Her eyes made it's way to another picture, which was drastically different, as it was a picture of Soviet literally holding his flag in the Russian revolution while there were flashes of gunfires in the background.

"Oh my God-" she says accidentally loudly. "Oh that, that is my favorite picture." Soviet says from the kitchen casually. She moves her head around the room, until her gaze stopped on the kitchen.

She quietly walked over behind Soviet, and contemplates whether she should help or not. She moves her head over one of his shoulders and sees him quickly chopping vegetables. His movements are swift and agitated. The carrots are cut briskly and efficiently, as if he's done this a thousand times.

Y/N can't help but wonder, if he really cut this many times. Not the vegetables, but instead, something else. Her thoughts are interrupted by Soviet's deep voice,

"Care to help?" He asks. She visibly flinches and slowly walks towards the mixing bowl. "You don't have to be scared. I'm not gonna eat you child." He says, with a slight smirk. She swears she barely saw him smile this entire time.

"Firstly, you make it sound like you will. And Secondly, you think I'll not be scared to be in a room with a man who sent thousands of people to gulags?" She replies to his statement, while holding the swizzle stick.

"Good point." He says with a sigh. This made Y/N raise one of her eyebrows in confusion. "Huh?" She mumbles. "Not every countryhuman always sides with the leader. Personally, I didn't really like Stalin. Too much of a control freak. But if I objected to him, chaos would've unfolded." He answers Y/N, again with utmost certainty.

"Aren't you a communist though?" She accidentally says out loud, before realizing she might have said a nearly touchy subject. "Of course I am. I'm literally the embodiment of a communist union. I have copies of Maux's communist manifesto. I've sent people to work camps-" He continued giving a lecture, as if he is a parent lecturing a child.

"Alright Alright, I get it." Y/N said, compelled. "Uh, changing topic, what's your favorite colour?" She swore she heard sound effects of face palms like the meme in her head. "Maybe I'm just tired." She thought.