Prologue

1990

──────────────

A certain world organization was sitting on the chair of his office. The lights were dim, and he looked strangely gloomy, while holding a pistol on his right hand. The wallpaper was a banquet peachy-red, with a tint of yellow.

There were sudden rapidly approaching footsteps outside the locked door, in which they only grew louder by the second. The United nations slowly started looking more worried as time passed, and only then he realized that the camera was recording.

"Could you open the door please-?"

He slighty jumped, cleared his throat, and started speaking, "To the person who might see this in the upcoming future; you might be wondering why I'm holding this..." he pauses for a bit, unsure if he should continue or not. ".. pistol of mine. Well, I'll just tell you exactly why. We're all in danger, but I'm afraid it's too late to go back to the past."

"What are you-"

Suddenly, there was knocking on the door of the room. UN instantly stood up, and loaded his gun, as he continued speaking, "It knows I'm here, and I've tried everything I could do to prevent it from escaping. But it seems to find a way to always escape it's contamination chamber and control others for it's own benefit."

The knocking gets increasingly louder, and UN gets increasingly annoyed. There could be heard muffled shouting of a man. The blue organization looked unusually calm about the chaos currently happening. "It's too late to fix it. I'm just hoping that you, whoever you are that found this tape, you'll not fall into the trap like the others."

The person behind the door seemed to somewhat figure out what UN is currently doing as they tried to continuously break open the door.

"PLEASE JUST STOP WHATEVER YOU'RE PLANNING TO DO-"

The annoying knocking soon turns into slight banging, and UN was still somehow calm about everything. "The revival was an initial success, only except that it just wasn't... her anymore. It was more of a him- but I just thought that..." his voice faded, as he pushed the table towards the door.

"I just wanted her back. I never got to see how she was. They said she was wonderful and I just thought that we could finally test the thing out. We never thought that it'd actually work, but she-" his sentence gets cut off, as the door locks start breaking slowly with the amount of pressure on the on the wooden door.

UN grabs his gun and prepares to shoot whoever.. or whatever is behind the door. "Tentacles." He muttered out, shooting a small grin to the camera. Suddenly, the door breaks and camera is shot by the gun. All that could be heard and understood was the violent roars of the creature that no one ever saw...

Until now.

┃[ XX YEARS LATER ]┃

Pain.

That was all she felt at that moment. She just wanted to hide away in deep shame that her so-called plan would ever work. She always felt that gut feeling that [ 𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 ] would find her anyways. He always does.

She looked up at the man that now looked liked a monster in sheer fear, as horror reflected in her eyes. That's no longer the man she once knew and admired, as one would believe. No, it was a monster. Not a metaphorical term, its was straight up literal. It looked at her in the eyes with his which had pride written all over it.