𝙞𝙫 | 𝘔𝘪𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘌𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥

iv | Mirror of Erisedᴘʜɪʟᴏꜱᴏᴘʜᴇʀꜱ ꜱᴛᴏɴᴇ

ᴘʜɪʟᴏꜱᴏᴘʜᴇʀꜱ ꜱᴛᴏɴᴇ

As the Hogwarts school rolled into November and the scarfs and gloves - Valeska's typical black leather ones, adorned everyone's hands due to the weather turning an icy cold.

The mountains that boarded the school; as though it were protecting it, turned icy gray with snow littering the top. The lakes turning to a chilled steel, no longer could you see your reflection through the once clear waters.

Valeska Asvaldr hadn't seen much of Harry Potter or Ron Weasley throughout the weeks, wanting to keep herself clear of the two boys that stayed stuck to one another's side.

Hermione Granger, however, would not leave Valeska a moments of peace.

The bushy-haired girl followed her around like remora fish would to sharks, and no matter what Valeska said, she wouldn't leave.

"Oh, Valeska, there you are! I've been meaning to talk to you about something."

The older girl looked up from the book she'd been studying from as Hermione came bouncing into the library - heavy books clutched in her arms.

"Go on." She reluctantly spoke.

She had to quickly move her arm as Hermione placed her stack of books onto the table - nearly crushing her arms, and happily sat down. "I have been learning about different spells, right, and I was hoping you could help me with translating some? If that's all right with you, of course."

At first, Valeska would wave off Hermione with a careless hand - wishing for anything but her over-bearing presence. But, the more the girl pestered her, she found it to be...inspiring.

Hermione looked to Valeska as though she'd hung every star in the sky and believing her to hold all the answers. Despite it not being true, it originated of a place of innocence and hope.

Valeska found she needed that inspiration and innocence the more she continued to drown in her memories.

Now, she would sit quietly as the girl gushed on about her current read, or spectate silently as Hermione practiced her first-year (and some second-year) spells - correcting whatever needed to be corrected.

"You don't need to be so cautious around me, Hermione."

Her words made the girl's posture straighten up as a smile overtook her face. "Okay, well..." She opened up one of her many books. "Prior Incantato."

Valeska gave Hermione a glance, not mentioning that the spell was way-above Hermione's current curriculum. "Prior incantation, or spell as one would say. It shows the last spell the wand performed."