Pilot

Before I start, I just wanted to say that the camera emoji ( 🎥 )  means that the next scene is scripted, and is based on WWE's show, so it's easier and you don't mix up the characters real relationships vs. scripted relationships. It's for when WWE is live on tv.
Now that that's out of the way, enjoy my story! :)

...
Monday, September 2nd, 2024
Serena Elizabeth Rhodes
5:30pm
...

The day has FINALLY come! After months and months of blood, sweat, & tears, all of my hard work has finally paid off.
I'm debuting on Monday Night Raw tonight!
.
.
.
Before you start reading, let me tell you a little about me and my family.
My older brother Cody Rhodes is currently the Undisputed WWE Men's Universal Champion, after defeating Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania XL. My sister-in-law Brandi and Cody & I's mom Michelle Rubio a.k.a "Mama Rhodes" was there to help celebrate. It was a great and monumental moment.
I'm assuming that if you are a big fan of Cody, you know that his, or should I say our dad, is the 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes. Cody is 10 years old than me, and he and I train together often.
We also have an older brother named Dustin, who is currently signed and wrestling for AEW.
I'm 28 years old, almost 29. I'm 5'7, and I've been training to help the family name live on, just like my brother.
Besides my dad and brothers, some other wrestlers who have inspired me a lot to wrestler are Shayna Baszler, Rhea Ripley, Damian Priest, Malakai Black and Pete Dunne; But especially Pete Dunne.
I'm absolutely in love with his in-ring style, and he is very talented to say the least. I could talk more about him, but then you would be reading this for days. All I'm going to say is he's inspired me in so many ways, and hopefully I meet him one day.
This is kind of embarrassing but when I was around 21 I'd say, I had a huge crush on him. Cody used to make fun of me for it.
I let it go because obviously it would never happen because he didn't even know I existed haha, but anyways I digress.
I worked with Shayna in NXT for a bit last year; She is over-powered, and her confidence is very inspiring to me.
I can't wait to see what's next for me.
Now that you know the basics, let's get started, shall we?
.
.
.
I reapplied my chapstick and lipstick, dabbling it with a tissue to make sure it was set with setting spray. I took my heated rollers out of my hair, completing my look for the rest of tonight.
I checked my nails, to make sure they weren't chipped, even though I'll probably break at least two of them in my first match tonight.
I'm more nervous than I was before, because Adam Pearce, the general manager of Monday Night Raw, hasn't told me who my first opponent is tonight; Or perhaps it makes this all more of a thrilling adventure. I guess it's really just your perspective on things.
It's crazy to think this is only the beginning of something new. NXT was incredible, and Shawn Michaels treated me with utmost respect. When he announced my arrival to Monday Night Raw after the drafts, I was in complete shock. I still am, in the greatest way possible.
I zipped up my boots, making sure I look as best as possible.
*knock knock
"Serena? Are you ready?" Cody questioned.
"Yes! Come ome in!"
Cody walks over to my vanity, placing a small velvet box on top of the desk.
"Cody, what is this?" I giggled, carefully picking up the box.
"Open it." Cody smiled, gesturing to it.
I opened the box, as I practically lost my eyesight at the shiny diamond bracelet that I was looking at. I was speechless.
"Oh my god. Cody-"
"I bought it when you first debuted on NXT. I planned on giving it to you once you debuted on the main roster. I always believed in you, Sis."
"..Cody, don't make me cry please. I just finished my makeup."
Cody chuckled.
The bracelet had the letter 'S' on it. It's easily one of the most beautiful gifts that I have ever received.
"Thank you so much. Really. It's gorgeous. I really appreciate it."
Cody smiled.
"Of course. Wear it tonight; For good luck."
He helped clip the bracelet onto my left wrist. I reached out to hug Cody, as his phone buzzed.
"Damn, I forgot I have an interview in a few minutes. I'll see you in a little bit. You got this. Go meet everybody and make yourself at home. I'm sure everyone will love to meet you. If you need anything Pearce will be in his office. Love you, Sis."
"Okay. Thanks, Cody. Love you too."
I have a feeling that I'm never going to take this bracelet off.
.
.
.
I composed myself, releasing a deep breath as I tried my best to ground myself. I closed the door to my dressing room behind me, heading towards the main backstage.
I immediately took notice of a tall man, with a black beard and shoulder-length hair. He has bright blue eyes, and is wearing a black leather jacket and jeans.
Drew McIntyre.
Dear god, I'm half his size. Not to mention his physique. He's..unreal, to say the least.
He won the 2020 royal rumble and many more admirable accomplishments, and his talent is remarkable and speaks for itself.
He's talking to Sheamus, who I know of very well. He won the 2012 Royal Rumble, and ever since then he inspired me and my wrestling journey a lot. Besides my dad and brothers, of course.
I cannot believe that I'm about to meet two of my idols! Pinch me.
They both turned around. I froze, as they approached me. I have no words.

"So..you must be Serena. Drew." Drew smirked, reaching out for a handshake.
Damn, that thick Scottish accent. Is this real life?

I smiled.

"Hi. I'm honored to meet you both."
Sheamus surprised me, as he reached out for a bro hug.
"Nice to meet you, kid! I'm confident you'll make it just as big as your brother, i'm sure of it." He said, patting my back.
"Yea. We saw you on NXT the past few weeks, and you sure know how to kick arse. You deserve to be on Monday Night Raw." Drew smiled.
Wow.
"..I-I don't know what to say..I'm truly honored. I appreciate it, it means a lot to hear that. You both have inspired me a lot along the way to where I am now, and it means a lot to hear that from both of you."
They both smiled in unison.
"That's nice to hear. Unfortunately we have to go. We have a match tonight against The Street Profits, and we have to start warming up. We'll see you later, kid." Sheamus smiled, waving goodbye.
"I'm sure you don't mind." Drew smirked, as he opened his arms.
I giggled, as he reached for a brief hug.
Oh my god. Not to mention he smells heavenly.
"Nice meeting you. I'll see you later." Drew said, waving goodbye as he followed Sheamus to the fitness center. Sheamus playfully punched his shoulder, as he closed the door behind him.

..wow. I truly cannot believe that just happened. I need to compose myself before I go meet more people. My heart is pounding out of my ass I swear to god. I guess I'm living Cody's theme song, adrenaline in my soul. Yea that's cheesy, but it's true. Not the song, but the reference itself. I need to digress again. Sorry, when I get nervous, scared or excited I tend to lose track of my thoughts. Anyways,

After I finished my relatively short conversation with Drew and Sheamus, they went to train for their matches tonight. I made my way around, trying my best to meet new people.
I heard the sound of clinking boots behind me, and the sound of a male clearing his throat.
I turned around, seeing a man just as tall as Drew, but with long hair in a man bun and a 'Terror Twins' t-shirt on. He smirked.
Damian Priest.
"Hey. Damian. You new?"
He is probably even more intimidating than Drew. He has a deep and alluring voice; Plus I can't forget to mention his kickass tattoos. Wow. He looks awesome.
"Yea.. Serena. Nice to meet you." I spoke just loud enough for him to hear.
"Likewise. Can I show you around?"
"..Sure. Why not."