Chapter 3

Ashleigh's pov

As soon as I got out of there I released a breath  I didn't know I was holding in. I guess I forgot how to breathe but again who breaths when they are drowning coz I was drowning in his eyes? 'Oh my word could you stop miss I'm a poet now.' Says my subconscious.

I wasn't even hungry anymore so I was like girl save your money and so I didn't get breakfast. I quickly went to buy my toiletries in clicks coz there was no way I was going to walk around getting toiletries with bags full of groceries. I grabbed what I needed and headed off to buy my groceries. I bought everything I needed then lastly went to the toilet roll section.
"Ughh of course they are all the way up!" Do these guys even consider us short people before packing their stuff? Some people won't enter heaven trust me. While I was lost in my thoughts I heard a familiar deep voice behind me.

" Need help ?" I swear I got hypnotised as soon as I turned around, what kind of voodoo was this guy using coz haibo?
I couldn't even say anything so I just nodded.
"Which ones are you getting ?" He said looking at me as if he's a kid who just found his lost toy.
"Umm the two-ply ones on the top shelf" I said whispering. Kanti my voice chose to betray me.
He asked me to hold his basket for him and that's when I noticed the energy drinks and chips in his basket.
As he raised his arm I noticed the way his shirt hugged his broad arms and his abs and damn I was like Lord take me now. Coz what kind of temptation was this?
I was still staring hard when I heard him clear his throat and when I looked up to his face I noticed the smirk and tint of red on his cheeks. I was so embarrassed until I heard his chuckle which instantly made me smile.
"Ummm thanks ... stranger ?"
"Damon it's Damon," he says
"Thanks, Damon and bye Damon" I say with a smile
"So you aren't gonna tell me your name ?" He says shyly
" It's Ashleigh," I say before walking to the till. Grand exit what what.
I paid for my stuff and went home with this smile that was just refusing to leave my face. I packed my groceries as soon as I got home even though I was tired coz I could just hear my mom say 'Wena Ashely are these groceries going to magically pack themselves?'
As soon as I finished I made myself some noodles and took a packet of chips then dumped my short self on the couch.
"Hey, there Netflix it's been a while" I laughed at my crazy ass self talking to the tv. I mean I can't be the only one who talks to stuff sometimes if you say I am then you are crazy.
I spent the rest of the day watching Netflix except for the one hour my mom video-called me.

*hey guys another short chapter but I promise next time I'll try to at least make it 1000 words. Thanks to those that are reading please keep reading I promise as soon as I'm not as busy as I've been lately I'll publish longer chapters and I'll be consistent. I love you guys ❤️
*not edited*