• Sinister Shadows •

•_______________•

•_______________•

When is a monster not
a monster”?

•_______________•

The golden rays of sun illuminated everything below, casting shadows below the canopies of trees, and glimmering the ends of wheat and maize as if the golden stardust hadbeen sprinkled on them.
Tiny buds of mustard flowers glistened a beautiful yellow and the fluffy white dandelions flew with wind appearing like the small balls of cotton as the light blue clear sky stood above, basking everything in it's calm aura.

A round fluffy dandelion touched his tiny nose, distorting his focus from the sky to the thing settled on the tip of his nose, the thin brows of his knitted almost immediately yet he didn't make any move to sway it away.

The winds blew again, carrying the dandelion away making him straighten his neck and lower his head as he gazed at the ball as it's small hairy spike like projections scattered away in wind before the central green portion of the flower, along with it's stem, fell in the maize field at a distance.

The long feathery lashes of his blinked once, than twice before a soft sigh evaded his lips as he turned his gaze away, gazing at the thing that had caught his attention earlier.

His chin inclined and those big pools of obsidian focused back on the sky that was clear at the moment.
No eagle in sight that he saw earlier, neither the snake it had hunted and carried in its beak.
A soft huff evaded his small lips as he punched his tiny fists in air digging his tiny pearly teeth in his lower lip.

Another gunshot echoed from a distance, loud enough to cause the birds to fly away from the canopies of trees while hastily flapping their wings but he stood there, without any waver, still glaring at the sky above with his tiny brows knitted and nose red, clearly showing his anger.
The sunlight and brightness so intense, the corners of his eyes immediately turned wet, yet he stubbornly stood there glaring up at the sky before lowering his neck a minute later to avert his glare towards the place where that dandelion fell earlier.

Kiya hua, Shehzade? Itna ghussa kis baat ka hai”?
The masculine voice echoed behind him a long while later, making him sigh softly as he turned his neck and averted his dark eyes to the tall and strong figure of Balaaj Nameer Shah who had just entered the clearing with his scary looking rifle in his hand.

His seven year old frame froze before the dark eyes of his lit up and lips curled into a smile as he ran towards him, immediately wrapping his small arms around the man's legs,
Chachu”!