accident.

the impact of the other car slamming into your side door was enough to make you pass out. your head smashed against the dashboard, and you were out. hunter, who was naturally driving, was left with a minor cut. he just needed stitches. you however, needed a whole bunch of things. when you woke up, you were groggy. and your head hurt a shit ton.

your eyes winced at the bright light as you looked around and realized that you were in a hospital room. specifically, grey + sloan hospital. kim, sean and hunter sat next to your bed, patiently waiting for you to wake up. you looked at the IV in your hand, and down at your right leg. it was in a huge white cast, and elevated.

"hey, uh-w-what happened?" you ask, licking your dry lips.

"oh sweetie, you and hunter were in a car accident. your whole right leg is shattered and your left wrist is fractured." kim says, standing up and looking at you. "sean let kay know that she's awake." kim grabs your hand, and looks at you. "are you in pain?"

you nod your head, and hear karissa say, "i'll be right there. thanks dad." over the phone.

"okay, i'll go grab a nurse or someone to see if we can give you some meds, okay?"

"thanks."

your left hand was in a brace. throbbing pain coursed throughout your whole body. you felt like crying.

hunter stands up, and looks down at your bed. "morgan i am so, so sorry. i shouldn't have driven super late at night. this is all my fault. i'm so sorry morgan."

you smile, "it's okay, hunter. it was the other car, not you."

hunter sighs, "but i was driving. i risked our lives, and now look at you. you can barely move."

"it's okay, hunter. it is okay. stop worrying about it."

you hear karissa from down the hall. "is she okay? where is she? can she talk?"

"i'm fine!" you yell, as karissa runs into the room.

"okay, everyone get the fuck out. especially you, hunter. we've gotta talk, lemme tell you." karissa points at her brother.

everyone leaves the room, and sean closes the door as he walks out. karissa sobs, as she hugs you. "i was so fucking worried about you, morgan."

"don't cry, love. it's okay. i'm okay."

karissa continues to cry, and you pick her head up.

"look at me. stop fucking crying, i am fine, karissa. i'm not dead yet."

"don't say that! why would you say that!"

you laugh, "where's that sense of humor?"

"gone! out the window! you almost fucking died on me, morgan. i don't know if you've noticed, but i can't live without you."

"i've noticed."

"do you need anything? water? are you hungry? want me to do anything?"

"you have yet to kiss me, karissa bardsley."

karissa places a kiss on your lips, and you smile into it. "is my ring okay? i can't move it."

karissa looks over the bed, "it's shiner than before. looks perfect."

"good. how long was i out for?"

"3 fucking days, morgan. i was going crazy. i haven't cooked a single meal."

"let me guess, you doordashed?"

"nope."

"karissa please tell me you've eaten."