𝟎𝟔 , 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜?

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅 ) ✽𐬺𐬿
𐬻𐬾 𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 | 𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗.

( 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅 ) 彡 ✽𐬺𐬿༅❧⁂シ𐬻𐬾 𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐑 | 𝚓𝚘𝚑𝚗 𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚗

" she'll be the truest doll in all this world "
PAPER DOLL
the mills brothers

// AUGUST 20th, 1943 the men and Evelyn were picked up from Africa and brought back to England. Now, almost a month later, September 16th everyone was waiting for Dye to report back from a mission — the first one in a while.

It was actually his 25th mission, which meant it was his final one and he could go home. That gave Evelyn the sudden realization that she had reached her 30th mission once they landed in Africa.

The only difference was, Evelyn wasn't going home anytime soon. Even if she was, she had no home to go back to.

On a slightly brighter note, Evelyn was happy for the man — she noticed Lil standing on the grass, waiting for Dye to come back, and the green jeep Egan and Cleven always rode around the runway in.

"Hey there, Major." Some of the men called out as the jeep approached them, Evelyn stood by them talking amongst a small group.

Egan turned off the engine, "You look like a war bond poster. Very handsome." He told the men as he and Buck exited the vehicle, shooting a small smile towards Evelyn when he saw her standing by.

Her posture changed slightly, straightening against her own will as their eyes connected. Something changed between them, and they both felt it — or, Evelyn felt a shift within herself. Egan had the same feelings since the beginning, but they had only gotten stronger since.

She crossed her arms over her chest, breaking eye contact with the man as she focused on Crosby and Buckley, "Feel like a war bond poster too."

John made his way closer to Evelyn, but stopped by Jack to make his interests a little less obvious — even though everyone kinda knew what was going on — "How you doing, Bucky?" Jake questioned as they shook hands.

John nodded for an answer, before moving to Crosby, "Croz." Harry turned away from his conversation with Buckley to give Egan a smile of greeting.

John slipped between the men to stand by Evelyn, looking down at her with his usual sunglasses, she could see his eyes peeking out from the top. Instead of ignoring his gaze, she decided to be civil — for once, "Nice to see you, Major."