Chapter two

I gently open my eyes, the sound of music from above fills my ears. I cover my head with the blanket trying to drown out the sound, tempted to go back to sleep. I look down and see vi holding me, letting out small snores into the crook of my neck.

"vi?" I say quietly, poking her forehead gently "wake up" I hum tracing circles on her back, she shifts in her sleep pulling me closer "no" she mumbles groggily "fine. you have five more minutes" I sigh as I lean back against the pillow letting her continue to hug me.

☆☆☆

I'm sat on the floor of the arcade, looking over the books I was able to get from piltover a few weeks ago while vi is punching boxing machine "remind me why we bother with this dump" mylo scoffs as he picks his nose and flicks it across the room "you are a disgusting disgrace to humanity" I say, throwing a pencil at his head. he picks it up and throws it back at me but i move my head and it lightly hits the wall.

he gives me the middle finger as vi rolls her eyes at us "vander said to lay low" she sighs, wiping light sweat from her forehead "enforcers never come down here so this is as good a place as any" she explains.

"why what's the matter mylo, worried powders gonna beat you again?" claggor teases from where hes sat "hey if she didn't keep fixing these things, I wouldn't keep missing" he defended gesturing to the gun he picks up "what you want to play a broken game?" I snicker raising an eyebrow "shut up" he grumbles as powder pops her head up from behind the counter and connects the wires with a grin.

the game lights up as neon wooden figures pop up and begin to move, mylo sneers at powder and fires the gun missing every single target. "imagine you SUCK" I yell as he glares at me.

"you guys know I wouldn't take you on a job you couldn't handle right?" vi asks with a hint of worry in her voice "are you kidding?" mylo says in disbelief "that was the best job we've ever done!" je exclaims lazily shooting at a target and missing again "maybe just don't take powder next time"

powder looks at him with a glare as she finishes loading the gun, aiming it carefully before shooting. she hits every single one with precision, while still being quick. she hit them all in a matter of seconds before placing the gun down and sneering at him. "She beat your ass" I comment not looking up from the book "you think?" mylo mocks me.

The room is silent for a while, exept from some distant talking outside. Powders fiddling with the game in the corner of the room while mylo inspects the gun he just used. The peaceful silence is interrupted by shattering glass and a man flying through the window.

He lands on the floor with a thud skidding across the wooden floorboards and crashing into the wall. We all look at him in shock before switching our attention to the window, which is surrounded by a crowd of enforcers.

One with a golden mask takes a suspicious look at all of us "search them" he orders, looking to the other enforcers around him, his voice muffled by his mask.

A group of about three enforcers walk through the smashed window as the sound of crunching echos through the silent room.

Mylo puts his hands up "go ahead idiots," he says confidently, a smug smile on his lips "we've got nothing" I roll my eyes at his ignorance and nudge his arm telling to him shut up.

I see Powder cautiously covering her satchel her eyebrows furrowed in worry. my heart nearly stops as I remember 'the crystals!!'