three

B:
Blue. Strands and strands of it cover her shoulders, and continue like sapphire serpents snaking their way down to her waist. You can't miss her head of vibrant colour among the dull, repetitive shades of the street. She stands out like a flamingo in a flock of gulls.
She looks tense, all her movements hurried, as if she's afraid if she stays in the same place long enough, the ground will break open and swallow her.
Then she's gone, as if the air has swallowed her and transported her some place else in a matter of seconds. But it was not the air who stole her from my sight. It was the pills. They put her there in the first place, and they took her away, like a selfish child.
I keep walking, my vision blurring slightly, every so often the ground tilting closer and then further away. Every time I blink, I see her hair and her face, etched onto the backs of my eyelids, and my hearts jolts slightly, fooled into thinking she's standing in front of me again.
Suddenly, I change my course, crossing the road, down the street I sprinted hurriedly across just a day before. My feet pad in an even rhythm against the pavement, but it gradually gets faster, the tempo rising dramatically, until I'm sprinting yet again. Wind whips past my face as I round the corner and the derelict building comes into view.
Just like I hoped, I see a figure perched on the roof before I even enter the yard, unmistakable blue hair flashing before my eyes. I blink several times, making sure Ashley is not a hallucination this time, and make my way around he side of the building, entering through the torn tarpaulin.
The warehouse looks exactly the same as it had done previously: ransacked and destroyed. Although somehow, despite of this, the sunlight filtering through the smashed windows creates a calm atmosphere, somewhere where I'd like to be alone with my thoughts.
I walk over to the metal stairs, clouds of dust erupting as I disturb it with my steps, and climb them two at a time until I'm suspended outside on the rusting balcony. I peer around, seeking a way up to the roof, when I catch sight of a ladder, withered from harsh weather and time. I grab onto it and climb at a ferocious speed, my mind empty apart from blue. Bright and encompassing blue.
Then it's there, dancing in the wind to a silent beat. I'm mesmerised for a moment, and then her head turns, shocked grey eyes staring at mine.
"What the-"
But the piercing grey has brought me back to my senses like a thousand needles stabbing at my skin, and before I know it I'm gone. As is the image of her in my tangled mind.

A/N: lmao this is pretty short but I haven't updated in like three months because I had major writers block. here it is anyway lol remember to like and vote ily :)