Chapter 9: Love.

Last chapter. I got bored☹️

♡Sapnap pov♡

A couple of weeks passed, and Karl was coming to school but skipping biology.

"Do you think something happened between him and Mr. Hill?" Clay asked.

I shrugged.

"He likes Mr. Hill, though. What could have possibly happened that made him hate him so much that he refuses to come to class?" I replied.

"I don't know. Karl talked to him after class and after school. That was the day he came to the library crying." Clay told me.

"Is he still staying there with you and George?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Yeah. Sap, I heard something really weird yesterday. I don't think I was supposed to hear it, but I didn't mean to." He mumbled.

I nodded, urging him to continue.

"Karl was talking about his ex-boyfriend. He called Maia his daughter. I heard George and Karl talking about a pregnancy test. It was a very weird conversation. I definitely wasn't supposed to hear it." He told me.

I nodded.

"Did you ask George?" I questioned.

He shook his head.

"I didn't want him to think I was snooping. I also found a test in the trash. It was negative, but I was just so confused. No women came over recently. George's one female friend is transgender so that isn't even possible." He explained.

I tried to piece together what Clay had just told me.

"He said the baby was his half sister, but them referred to her as his daughter." I mumbled.

I pulled out my phone.

"When he was in the hospital, the cop told me he was suffering from a major loss of someone close. Was there anything else you saw or heard?" I asked.

"His lock screen." He stated.

I nodded, wanting him to continue.

"It's a picture of Maia with a black guy I'd never seen before. Oh shit." He mumbled.

"What?" I asked.

"Karl told George the guy on the lock screen is his ex. Do you think that's who died?" He asked.

"He did mention a friend was coming to see him from out of town." I said.

I did a quick Google search of recent deaths.

☆Tyler Jones was shot and killed last night after a cop mistook the 18 year old for having a gun. Tyler and a friend were out driving when they were pulled over. Tyler was instructed to get out of the car to perform a sobriety test. The officer told Tyler to roll down the passenger window. Tyler attempted to get his keys out of his pocket when he was fatally shot in the stomach in front of his friend and his 6 month old baby. Tyler was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead this morning.

"This article was posted the same time Karl was in the hospital." I stated.

I began piecing things together again.

"Oh my god." I mumbled.

"What?" He asked.

"I think Karl's transgender."

♡Karl pov♡

George and I arrived back at his house. Upon opening the door, Sapnap and Clay were on the couch watching TV.