Chapter 8: Tifosi

SUGAR - BROCKHAMPTON

★・・・・・・★

It's sunday, the day before Julianna and Charles were set for Australia.

CHARLES
Landeddddddd :)

JULIANNA
alright handsome :) waiting by gate 5

CHARLES
I see you

At that very moment, Charles makes his way towards Julianna, smiling widely at her, which, despite his mask, Julianna can see from his crinkled eyes. The man rolls his suitcase behind him, approaching Julianna's Mercedes GLE 63.

"Hey handsome," she greets, returning his expression.

"Hi Julie," he responds, pulling her into a deep hug.

"You really didn't have to fly all the way down to Paris you know," Julianna starts. "I could've made it to Monaco by myself."

"It's really not a bother," Charles denies. "Plus, I love Paris,"

"You love Paris or the fact that I live in it?" Julianna teases.

"Hmm," Charles pretends to ponder. "Both?"

Julianna feigns annoyance, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Put your bag in the boot," she says, opening it using her key.

"Yes ma'am,"

"And then get your ass in the passenger seat," she commands.

"Yes ma'am," Charles repeats, eager.

He does as instructed and they begin to drive off.

"Y'know," Julianna starts. "I'm not as nervous driving an F1 driver as I thought I would be,"

Charles chuckles. "Are you saying I'm bad at driving?"

"I'm saying," Julianna begins. "I know a thing or two about driving myself,"

True— Julianna's dad was always an avid lover of cars, and never shied away from exposing his children to the world of automobiles. Though, Julianna was always the most interested in it all.

"Makes me wonder," Charles says. "Why you never got into F1 since you're so into cars,"

Julianna felt a lump in her throat that began to ache. She knew the caption would come up eventually, but it still brought up memories that stung like alcohol in a fresh wound.

"Well..." she trailed off.

Now wasn't the time.

"I'll tell you some other time," she faked a smile. "It's a long story,"

Charles could sense something was wrong, but didn't want to push it. "Alright, whenever you're comfortable."

Julianna quickly changed the subject, asking Charles about his life and childhood instead. She knew she wouldn't be able to hide everything from him forever, but she just needed some more time.