𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒙, car bomb

❛ I can't be anymore goddamn cautious, Jackson

I can't be anymore goddamn cautious, Jackson.

chapter forty six.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

LATER ON IN THE DAY, Scarlett strolls across the yard, watching with narrow eyes as Lyla leaves Chibs' side and bounces over towards Opie with a certain smile and twinkle eye as she peers up at him while they have a conversation. Opie smiles down at her with a stiff, but sincere smile. And the distance between them is almost nonexistent as their chests touch.

"What's going on there?" Scarlett asks as she stops beside Chibs, following her arms over her chest but keeping her eyes on Opie and Lyla.

Scribbling nonsense onto a sheet of paper, Chibs shrugs, looking at the pair for a moment before saying, "The lass has been 'round here everyday this week. Car's super faulty, she says. Faulty my arse. Nowt wrong with it, if you ask me."

Scarlett chuckles, and peers down at the paper in his hand and her brows shoot up, "Well, she paid a hundred dollars for something."

"Yeah, Opie service," Chibs snorts, "The hundred quid is for a brand new shiny wheel plate. It'd had been scratched," He looks at Scarlett with raider quizzical brows.

She quickly grasps onto what he's suggesting, "By keys," She finishes.

He nods, "The poor lass has a real thing for him," He spins on his heel and looks into the garage before shouting into the dark room, "Marty!"

Sensing that he's busy, Scarlett pats his back before looking around the yard for someone else to go hang out with. Thankfully, she soon spots Jax sat on a wooden bench outside the clubhouse door next to Luke. Scarlett begins to make her way over, but so does Gemma Teller.

Both of the women come to a stop in front of the two men at the same time, and Gemma winces at the sight of the bruising in Scarlett's nose but she waves her off carelessly, not wanting to bring up the events of earlier. Then the two ladies look down at the men, quickly noticing their rough looking expressions.

"What's happened?" Gemma asks.

Jax shakes his head, signalling that there was a huge storm of tension swirling around the Club members at the moment, hence his tight brows and tired expression, "Tough vote."

Gemma's shoulders slump as her first thought goes straight to her husband, "Where is he?"

Removing his cigarette from his lips for a second, Luke nods his head over his shoulder to the clubhouse door, "Inside." Gemma excuses herself and Luke watches after her before blowing air into his cheeks, not wanting to imagine what the old couple are going to discuss. "Nice nose," Luke laughs when he turns back and his eyes land on Scarlett, "The colour bruise purple is starting to really suit you."