| Chapter Twelve |

Their arms holding the safe within their hold.

8:55 am

The second week of July; the first day of it, and a suffocating heat throughout Seoul as the upcoming rain was hidden beneath the dark clouds that merged in the sky, covered the blue shade in a gray one, and no ounce of daylight down the city.

Yet the day needed to be continued; especially, for the pairs bound together for another step towards their purposes.

A black familiar car was being driven among the others; Lee Kang-min in his navy suit had his hands firm on the steering as he drove carefully towards Choi Myung-Soo's company but now was under the hold of the business partners, as well as life partners, seated behind on the backseat with a silence, a definite surprise for Kang-min since the pair barely keep their mouths shut around each other.

Yet he could sense something different; a kind of a tension within their silence and them.

“Hae-Jin has already reached there,”

Kang-min informed, breaking the thickening ice of tension, as Baekhyun met his eyes through the rear-view mirror; seated in a striped black suit with a white button down, while his silver hair in his formal manner of upward style, to glance at his wife, clad in a v-neck black sleeveless jumpsuit, in a wrapped style with a thin belt, and he had seen her at home in this attire while getting ready in their room yet he wasn't able to take his eyes off again.

How was she able to look like this without trying as if she didn't need to?

It was just her.

Her eyes focused on her phone screen with a frown; a bit of squint in them, as he discerned how she needed her frames at the moment before her head tilted down more for her hair on the front side of her left to hide her side-profile from his eyes in a disturbing manner until she tucked the strands behind her ear to glance at her silver ring of their wedding, and the golden studs in her earlobe matched with a golden coco-crush pendant around her neck, as his eyes traced her rosy lips to the apple of her cheek in an utmost vision.

“What were you saying, Lee?”

Baekhyun flinched, and turned away in a flush of warmth within him, and a quick of his heartbeat; damn it, he pledged not to do it, yet he was drowning in her captivation without her doing anything for him.

He still wasn't able to get that night, and moment out of his mind; he almost lost his sanity there.

He shouldn't be; he had been erected on his feet, and emotions, yet again, he couldn't win whenever it was about her.