Chapter 4

{3rd person}

Hunter grabbed his backpack from beside his desk and made his way into the hall. It took him awhile to find the lunchroom, but he found it eventually. Hunter looked around for a empty table, once he spotted one, he started walking over to it.

After he sat down, he spotted a certain human looking at him from a few tables over. She was sitting with a purple haired girl that he didn't recognize. Hunter gave her a fake smile before looking back down at his bag, pulling out his lunch. He looked up and was surprised to see the human and her purple haired friend standing in front of him.

"Hi! I'm Luz, Luz Noceda! And this is my Girlfriend, Amity Blight! Are you new here? I've never seen you around before." Luz said, in her typical happy tone, pretending to not know him.

'Blight? huh, she's probably Edric's sister', Hunter thought."Yeah I'm new here. Nice to meet you, Luz, Amity," Hunter said, smiling at the two girls.

"Do you have anyone coming to sit with you at lunch? You probably don't know very many people yet if your new." Amity said, examining the boy.

"Yeah, actually I was just coming to sit with him, did you miss me blondie?~" Edric said playfully as he sat down beside Hunter. Viney followed closely behind him and sat on the opposite side of the table. 

"Edric, I wasn't expecting g the new guy to be friends with someone like you." Amity said in a completely serious tone.

"Thanks mittens. That makes me feel really good about myself." Edric replied, rolling his eyes at his sister. Hunter was just sitting there in silence listening to the bickering. Eventually Amity and Luz went back to their table, meeting Gus, Willow and Matt who were waiting for them.

Eventually, Viney spoke,
"So Hunter, how's your first day at Hexside so far?".

"I would say its going pretty good." Hunter replied, "Second period was pretty boring without anyone to talk too, but it was alright I guess."

"Yeah that's understandable, you don't really know very many people." Edric said as he got his lunch out of his backpack.

"Hey Hunter, What class do you have next period?" Viney asked.

"History of the Emperors Coven." Hunter said, he clearly already knew everything about the coven, but it was a mandatory class for all students.

"Oh us too!" Edric said enthusiastically, clearly excited to have another class with Hunter.

"Jerbo and Barcus are in that class too!" Viney told Hunter, smiling. Viney, Edric, Emira, Jerbo and Barcus have all been best friends for a few years now. They hang out together pretty much everyday after school at the Blight mansion.

"Oh yeah! you'll love them." Edric added as he was packing up his backpack. Immediately after he said that, the bell for 3rd period rung. The group got up to head to the next class.

The three of them made it to class, as they walked in Viney pointed out Jerbo and Barcus in the back of the classroom.

Edric sat down beside Jerbo, and Hunter followed, sitting beside him. Edric and Jerbo had been best friends since kindergarten, they are practically inseparable. So Naturally, they immediately started talking. Hunter saw this and just stared at them, lost in thought. He was wishing that he was in Jerbo's place. He wanted to be talking to Edric like that.

Viney noticed this, and sat down next to Hunter.
"Don't worry blondie, they aren't dating." Viney said, smirking. Hunter gasped.

"Why do you think that I would care-" Hunter said hurriedly, turning pink. He hated this feeling, but at the same time he didn't even know what the feeling was. He felt nervous, yet extremely happy, and this had only ever happened with Edric. What about Edric's made him feel this way?

"Ohh nothing~" Viney said smugly, "you just looked jealous of Jerbo for a second".
Hunter turned a even brighter red.

"I have no reason to be jealous of Jerbo, Viney." Hunter exclaimed, crossing his arms on the table and lying on them, continuing to face Viney.

"Mhm yeah sure." Viney said with a laugh, turning to face the front of the class.

Around 15 minutes had passed, and they were all working on a worksheet. Hunter had flown through it. It was all basic level Emperors Coven knowledge that he had to learn to become the Golden guard. But Edric wished that he could say the same. He knew the answers to 3 questions, but the rest of them he was clueless on. Edric groaned,

"I don't understand thissssuh. Like why do I need to know the name of the 3rd golden guard." Edric whined as he layed his head down on the desk. Hunter laughed, there was quite a few golden guards, not everyone could memorize them all in order.

"Do you need some help, Blight boy?" Hunter asked the green haired boy with a smile.

"Yes please..." Edric said as he remove his head from the desk to face Hunter.

"Okay so, to start off the name of the third golden guard was Carson, anything else you need help with?" Hunter said happily. Edric blushed and wrote down the answer on his page.

"Yeah can you help with this one too?" Edric asked looking at Hunter with puppy dog eyes.

Edric just finished his work as the bell rung. Standing up and walking towards the door, handing his work in on rhe way out. Hunter followed closely behind Edric, they had already figured out that they had the next class together.

Around 10 minutes into the class, Edric Turned towards Hunter.

"I'm boreddddd" Edric whined. Hunter rolled his eyes at the Blight boy.
"And what am I supposed to do about that, Blight?" Hunter responded.
"We could skippp~" Edric said playfully.

"We only have 15 minutes left, you'll live." Hunter said, smiling down at Edric, who was now laying his head on the desk.

"Fineee.." Edric said, feeling defeated.

"Oh, Hey Hunter! I just remembered something!" Edric said as he popped up off the desk.

"And that is?" Hunter asked, curious at the boys sudden mood change.

"Me, Viney, Jerbo, Barcus and Emira usually hang out together after school everyday. Emira won't be there for obvious reasons, but I was wondering if you wanted to come!" Edric said, Smiling. Hunter smiled,

"Of course I'll go. I just need to call my uncle first to make sure it's okay with him." Hunter said happily.

"Okay! We all meet up upfront of the school after last period, so you can call him then!" Edric exclaimed, excited that his new friend was now coming over to hang out at HIS house!