fourty - one

𝟎𝟒𝟏||𝐇 𝐄 𝐀 𝐋 𝐄 𝐃
⠀࣪. ᨳ ✩ ✼ 。゚・ ☆ 。୨୧
"wasted."

I stood beside Oakley as we waited patiently for my mum and siblings to emerge from the arrivals room. I was so excited to see them again, I hadn't since the twins' party. "You think they still hate me?" Oakley asked me quietly.

I laughed at him as I turned to face him, "They'll learn to love you, like I did." I smiled smugly. But then I heard my name being called. "Iris!" I heard Ezra. I turned and saw Ezra sprinting up to me. Tiffany followed behind. I held my arms out wide ready to be embraced but felt stunned when I felt nothing.

They ran right passed me. I turned behind me quickly and almost immediately laughed when I saw Ezra and Tiffany hugging each of Oakley's legs. "You're my favourite." Tiffany smiled up at him. He smiled at me making me laugh as I turned to my mum.

"Well, that's strange." She laughed softly. "I wonder what changed in them," I said taking her luggage. She shrugged as she smiled at Oakley hugging him. But of course, following behind her was my dad. I looked at him but turned away enough to see him. I was tired of his shit and I'm preparing for my wedding! That's what should be on my mind.

"Hey, let's go out," I say as we walk out of the airport. Paparazzi flashed their cameras at us as they begged for photos to be taken. I heard my dad scoff, "This is what I've walked into." He said under his breath. I glared at him, if he didn't want to come, why did he?
Probably because my mum forced him too, but still.

I waved at a few fans and did the paparazzi a favour by letting them take photos that would be posted everywhere by tomorrow.

𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧 has been posted!

Liked by 𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐨, 𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞, 𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐞𝐞, and 𝟒𝟑𝟎,𝟕𝟖𝟐 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧 almost 24 x

𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐯𝐞 When are you dropping??
↳𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧 I have a lot on my plate dave

𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐫𝟏𝟕𝟖𝟐 drop the hair routine 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐫𝟕𝟖𝟐 when and where is the wedding at
↳𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧 🥱

𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐨 please you're getting old
↳𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧 hushhhh 😭😭
Liked by 689902

𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐫𝟎𝟏𝟐 guys where's her ring 🫢
↳𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐫𝟖𝟗𝟏𝟎 RIGHT.
↳𝐔𝐬𝐞𝐫𝟐𝟑𝟓 y'all might be onto sm...
↳𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧 chill that's my right hand 😭
Liked by 390279

View all 249,792 comments

______

I invited my family and my friends for a pre birthday dinner. Everybody was there, sitting around this huge table, there for me. I laughed with Tems, she's been a close friend of mine. "Can't wait for the party, we gonna get lit." She chortled as she drank from her glass.
"I'm so ready," I replied. Tia then said, "Are we gonna get wasted?" She asked. I turned back to her and smiled, "For sure, wouldn't be a successful birthday if we don't get wasted." Tia smiled at me, "What wasted?" Ezra asks down at the other end of the table.

We all glance at each other, I try not to laugh. "Yeah Iris, what's wasted?" my dad starts. I silently groan at my dad before I clear my throat sitting up straight.
"Wasted is something that a person does to have fun," I say simply. "Oh! I want to get wasted! Mummy, can I get wasted?" She said loudly tapping my mum on her arm.

The table arose with groans and laughs. I sank in my chair embarrassed as my dad was scoffing. I wasn't being the best role model right now. Oakley was laughing before he noticed that I didn't look happy. He placed his hand on my thigh and gave me a reassuring look before clearing his throat looking back up st the table. "Well getting wasted comes with consequences," he starts.

"You don't feel good to good after, and you can't go outside and play?" he says in a condescending tone. "I don't like feeling sick, and I want to play outside!" Ezra says. "Me too," Tiff adds.
"So I don't think getting wasted is the best thing for you, don't you think Iris?" he says.
I look up and put on a fake smile, "Agreed."

________

The dinner was over and I was standing beside Cench on the balcony overlooking the city, I huffed annoyed, "The look my dad gave me, it made me feel like I was 16 again." I minced. "It's fine, besides kids hear everything-"

"Yeah, but it was like I was proving his point right. I'm a horrible role model to my siblings and it's true." I sniffed as I tried not to cry. Cench shook his head as he walked behind me, "No, no, no." he started as he wrapped his arms around my lower waist, "You are an amazing role model, to many little girls and boys. People look up to you Iris."
I smiled softly as he kissed my cheek from behind me. I sighed as I closed my eyes never wanted this moment to end.

_____________

_____________

• 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤?
•𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐮𝐩𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 ☺️