Chapter 19

Hanna and Christian returned to the hospital early in the morning. Hanna sat at her grandma's bedside deep in thought when suddenly Christian said,"Hanna, I'm going to the cafeteria. Do you want anything." Turning to him Hanna softly said,"I would like a cup of coffee, with no milk." Christian nodded and left to go to the cafeteria. Hanna turned to her grandma and pulled the blue blanket to cover her securely. Suddenly Christian's mother stomped into the room, the sound of her clicking heels drew Hanna's attention. Standing infront of Hanna, she drew her hand up high and brought it down on Hanna's cheek , drawing a surprised gasp from her. Glaring at Hanna, she shouted at her saying,"You b***h! You got Christian hurt?" Placing a hand on her hip she continued her rant,"I knew something like this would happen with you and your low down, filthy, trashy heap of a family!" Hanna on hearing her words, guiltily said,"I know that I put Christian in harm's way, but I-" Before she could finish speaking Christian walked in drawing their attention. His mother called out,"Christian, my dear son, are you okay? I told you-" Christian ignored her and went to Hanna's side. His eyes scanned her from top to bottom until they came into contact with the glaring, red handprint on Hanna's cheek causing his eyes to burn with rage. Turning to his mother, he interrupted her and said through gritted teeth,"Did you hit her?" His mother continued her lecture in an  'I told you so tone',"she was no good for you." Christian flung away the hand resting on his arm and irritatedly said,"Mother, I swear to God.""What?" asked his mother. Continuing his sentence he said,"If this ever happens again I-" Before he could finish, his mother held her chest and cut him off saying,"What? What are you gonna do to your own mother for this tramp?"she said the last part staring at Hanna.  Christian pointed at her and angrily said,"If you don't accept her, you lose me. You understand?" His mother stared at him then left the room but not before glaring daggers at Hanna. Once she was out of sight, Christian crouched before Hanna and caressed her cheek. On seeing the hurt expression on her face, he placed a tender kiss on her forehead and pulled her into a comforting hug.

After sometime they both left the hospital and boarding the car they both stared away from each other as a strained silence settled over them. Hanna let out a tired sigh and she spoke without looking at him saying,"Christian, I don't think that your mother is ever going to like me." Christian glanced at her then turned away saying,"She's just been living in a bubble with those snobs for far too long." They both faced each other as he continued,"She needs to come down to earth." Taking Hanna's hand in his he kissed it softly saying,"But look, don't think about that, okay? I'm sorry she did that, babe. I will make it up to you." Hanna smiled at his words and nodded in understanding and happiness at hearing his words.

The scene changed to show a gala in full swing. Celebrities posed for the media in their dazzling outfits. Vincent dressed in a black suit with his blonde hair styled neatly accompanied Nancy who was dressed in a long blue, flowing dress that dragged across the floor. The duo descended the steps as the media snapped countless photographs of them. Nancy pushed a stranger out of her way as they descended, harshly saying,"Move" then she gave insincere gratitude saying,"Thank you." Both her and Vincent posed for the media. Nancy turned to Vincent and pushed him away from her and with disgust lacing her voice she said,"You too. I hate your cologne. It's making me nauseous." On hearing her words, Vincent moved away and Nancy continued posing for the media. Suddenly gasps resounded all around the room as everyone stared behind her and they stopped snapping pictures of Nancy."Excuse me." asked Nancy on seeing everyone staring behind her, and turning around her anger rose as she saw who stole her limelight.

Hanna and Christian stood at the top of the stairs. Christian was dressed in a black suit while Hanna looked absolutely dazzling in the emerald green dress that accentuated her curves in all the right places but flowed freely at the bottom, creating a rippling effect with every step she took. Her black hair was styled perfectly on top of her head with a few bangs framing her face. The diamond necklace on her neck sparkled brightly as the light fell on it. Her face looked radiant; from the dark eyeliner which made her brown eyes pop out, down to the red lipstick painted on her lips, making them look luscious. Christian stepped aside on seeing the eyes on Hanna letting the media snap numerous pictures of his gorgeous wife. Hanna stared wide eyed at first but then she happily twirled to give the people the full view of her dress. Nancy on seeing the large smile on Hanna's face said through gritted teeth,"This is the last time you steal my thunder, Hanna Cale." Turning she faced Vincent who was staring transfixed at Hanna's figure which added to Nancy's annoyance causing her to grasp his arm firmly and drag him down while angrily saying,"Let's go." They both left the sight with Nancy stomping her feet in anger.