Chapter 29

Standing at the door of the Reeves mansion, Hanna lifted her hand and knocked thrice. The door opened to reveal Nancy, dressed in an army green dress and black stilettos. Crossings her arms, she glared at Hanna and said,"What do you want? Grandpa's not here." Hanna chuckled softly and calmly said,"Actually, I came here to talk, to you." Nancy laughed mockingly and said,"You've got some nerve. You're trying to replace me, and now you wanna talk? I'll never let you get away with this." Hanna stared at her intensely and angrily said,"You're not even a bit sorry for everything you did?" Nancy made a face and mockingly said,"Mm, I didn't do anything wrong." Then pointing at Hanna she shouted angrily, saying,"You are literally trying to steal my life away from me! You thief!" Hanna looked at her perplexed. Taking a deep breath, she softly said,"I'm actually here to do you a favor. Grandma passed away, and she is also your grandmother. Her funeral is in three days. I thought you might wanna come." Nancy scrunched her nose in disgust and said,"I'm Nancy Reeve. I don't want anything to do with some old hag who kicked the bucket at some disgusting farm!" Anger flashed in Hanna's eyes on hearing her words. Glaring at Nancy she resolutely said,"You truly are heartless." Shouting, she said,"You can come out now!" Mr Reeve and Christian emerged from behind the tree infront of the house. Both men moved closer to the women. Nancy's jaw dropped on realising what had happened.

Mr Reeve stared at Nancy with a crestfallen expression on his face and softly said,"I thought I taught you better. You're a disgrace. I can't believe I raised you like this." Hanna on seeing the hurt expression on her grandmother's face, Hanna softly said,"I'm sorry grandpa." Nancy glared at Hanna and shrieked angrily and said,"Bitch, you set me up!" Mr Reeve sighed defeatedly and signalled for the guards, on their arrival he said,"Please have all of her things collected." Taking a check from his pocket, offered it to Nancy, saying,"Here's two million dollars, Nancy." Nancy took it from his hand as Mr Reeve continued saying,"It should last you for a little while, if you're careful. From now on ,you're no granddaughter of mine. Have a nice-. Have a. Touching his chest he started breathing heavily. Hanna and Christian rushed to his side and supported him. Hanna called out worriedly, saying,"Grandpa. Grandpa, are you alright?" Christian led him into the house as Hanna said,"Take care of him." Nancy stared at the check with her mouth agape. Hanna approached her and said,"I gave you one last chance to show that you have any humanity left in you, and you failed." Snatching the check from Nancy's hand, she threw it on the floor and said,"Now pick it up like the good little peasant you are. Those are the same words you said to my sister." Then she walked away, and left Nancy standing frozen at the door.