12

RHAENYRA SENDS HER SONS, Jacaerys and Lucerys, with their dragons, to gain support of the great lords

RHAENYRA SENDS HER SONS, Jacaerys and Lucerys, with their dragons, to gain support of the great lords. Upon Aelora's worry and feelings of their flee, she suggests to go with them. However, Daemon refuses to let her and gives her a new task. Aelora was being sent to the Dragonmont, for to claim another dragon. The princess was confused by her father's order as he had claimed that she was true targaryen blood with a rare talent no dragon rider ever had.

As she prepared for her journey, Aemond barged into her chambers as he was absent on the meeting after the Greens arrival. "So, you had heard.." Aelora started, not daring to catch his gaze as she slowly stopped polishing her sword; Black Cloud, its blade made from the valyrian steel itself.

"You are staying." Aemond simply spoke dryly. With a sigh, Aelora closed her eyes and stopped what she was doing. "I have to leave, Aemond." She responded directly. She had no choice, It was an order and maybe her father was right. After seeing how close she had got with Vhagar, a spark of hope came into her heart.

"No. You don't. Aelora, you might not make it out alive." Aemond spoke with a saddened scoff as he glanced outside the window. Aelora stood from her bed and placed the blade into its sheath, "What if I do? What if it comes to war? With two dragons by my side, I by myself could spare many lives of my loved ones." Aelora spoke.

She was not selfish, at last, and Aemond adored it about her. But he was still worried for his lady as no other targaryen gained more than one dragon.

"Aelora, this is not about the war anymore. 'Ts your life we are discussing about!" Aemond shouted and pointed his finger towards her. Aelora shook her head in disagreement, as tears began to swell her eyes by his sudden shouting,

"A war that your brother wishes to start! You cannot make me not go.." Those words cut the prince deep, knowing she was right. Whatever he does, how much he begs her, she will do what she feels is necessary. Aelora stepped to him and placed his hands into hers as she glances up into his eye,

"One life is nothing over the lives of thousands innocent people.."

Aemond blinked rapidly over her words. Does she really not care? About herself? About him? "Aelora, there is no point in life without you in it." Aemond stated as he held himself from breaking in tears.

"Your mother and father need their daughter; their first child. The people need their princess, your brothers need their only sister. Aelora...I need you." Aemond spoke softly and weakly as he squeezed her hands. Aelora's eyes widen at the words. He finally said it. Aemond finally stated that he does need her too as much as she needs him.

But, Aelora had a task. And what kind of next heir to the throne would she be without thinking of her people first? Including her family and Aemond.

A tear escaped from her violet eye and slowly slid down her cheek as her lips parted. Aelora lost herself in his words as she blinked and licked her lips quickly, bringing herself to the reality. The princess glanced away, not daring to look into the disappointment in his eyes-

"I love you." Aemond breathed out as he kept his gaze onto her. Aelora felt a knife slit against her heart, knowing he only spoken this because he wants her to stay. She shut her eyes and departed her hands from his, "I'm sorry, Aemond. I hope you will pray for my quick return." And with that, Aelora walked past him and exited her chambers. Aemond stood there shook, remembering how his hands felt warm against hers even if they were cold. How happy he was on finally being able to feel her lips. How relieved  he felt upon seeing her after 6 years of thinking of her day and night.

Aemond did love her. And she loved him back. But, Aelora always said to herself that love was weak and she will have no man protect her. She will be a queen not to be wed and let men's thoughts rule over her. However, the princess fell in love...with the man that had his eye taken by her brothers. She promised to herself, if he was the last man on earth, she wouldn't have wed him and hate him forever. Aelora broke that promise.

As soon as she reached the hill where Vermithor was resting, overlooking the view of the sun setting as he rises upon recognition of his rider's steps. He let out a sad chirp upon seeing her expression and tears as Aelora quickly wiped them away.

"Nyke sȳz, issa brāedāzma vēdros. īlon līs jikagon." (I'm fine, my Bronze Fury. We must go) She spoke with a smile and mounted her dragon. Without a word, Vermithor understood her and pushed himself into the air with Aemond looking over them from her chambers, a tear slowly rolling down his cheek.