Dazai x mReader

Summary:

You're invited to a get together consisting of your old friends from the past. What you didn't expect though, was Dazai, your past lover, to be there. What will happen when you two finally meet once more?

Disclaimer! I know just about jack shit about Bungou Stray Dogs so if anything is inaccurate pls be kind 🙏

°^^^^^^^^^^^^°^^^^^^^^°

I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror, fixing up my white polo shirt and baggy jeans. I wore a loose jacket over the fit, adding converse to complete the look.

To be honest, I was a bit nervous since my old friend, Atsushi, reached out to me about attending a work reunion. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing everyone again, but there was one person I was dreading seeing...

Osamu Dazai.

There was no guarantee he would be there, it could've just been my nerves acting up. He used to be so obsessed with death, I doubt he'd even still be alive.

Though, I hope he's not dead, despite how we ended things...

My hands find their way to a scar on my neck, which stretched from the left, to the right. Gently, I caress it while studying it in the mirror.

This is what's left of you.

What's left of us.

Breaking me from my thoughts, I hear my phone buzz, signaling someone texting me. Reaching for my phone on the sink, I see the message from Atsushi telling me he's arrived to pick me up in front of my place.

Finalizing my look, I reach my front door, unlocking it to see a familiar face, "y/n! It's been awhile." Atsushi smiles, his hands in both of his pockets.

He was a bit shorter than me, and still had the same angled cut bangs, but wore casual clothing. I wasn't expecting anyone to dress too formally since it's only a small get together, maybe aside from Doppo, but it was nice to be so casual once more.

"It really has." I smile, giving him a quick hug before locking my door behind me, "How far is the place?"

We begin to walk, "Not too far from here, just a couple minutes walking."

"Really."

"Yeah, I think only a few of the people coming actually live close. I figured we would meet since we already live in similar areas." He explains, going on about certain things in his life.

We chat idly, not minding the bustling sound of the city. I enjoyed catching up with him, and finding out what others are doing with their lives.

I was mostly zoned out, feeling a mix of excitement and worry. I wanted to bring up the topic of Dazai, however, Atsushi just looked so happy chatting away about meaningless things. It would've been terrible of me to ruin the smile on his face.

We finally made it to the meeting place, which wasn't a fancy restaurant, but still served food and drinks.

I stood just outside the door, Atsushi not noticing my reluctance to enter until he turned to see me behind, "y/n?"

"Yeah, sorry, I guess I'm just a bit nervous." I admit, scratching the back of my neck.

He comes over to me and pats my shoulder, "Don't worry, we all missed you when you parted from us. Allow yourself to have fun." He smiled, before holding the door open for me to walk through.

Every step I took after that felt like fifty pound weights. My palms began to sweat and my heart rate skyrocketed. Stay calm, everything's going to be alright.