6

He stares at her in a bit of shock, he really hadn't expected to see her here especially after 2 days of not meeting.
She looks as great as ever making him feel slightly jealous that she doesn't seem to care about everything that happened between them.

"I didn't know you were here" she says dismissively.

"I didn't know you were here either" he replies trying to keep his tone neutral.

"So how have you been?"

"Oh great" she replies, "nice to be free and all, from the human life" she gives him a slight glance, "got a new boyfriend and stuff."

She's obviously picking at him for breaking up with her

"Yeah well me too" Wilbur replies quickly.

"Really? New girlfriend? Can I meet her?" Sally smiles slightly.

Wilbur starts to panic a little,

"No, why would I introduce her to my ex?"

"Because I want to meet her, and warn her of you arrogance" Sally replies with a slight smile, of course picking at him more. That old joke.

"Unless you don't really have one?" she looks skeptical.

"I do" Wilbur insists, "I'll go get her"

He leaves the breakfast area in a hurry.

Shit shit shit

He has no idea what to do, as a random girl to pretend to be his girlfriend?
He pauses in the hallway trying to calm himself.

"Oh, hey" an annoyed voice suddenly says.

Wilbur focuses his gaze down seeing Quackity standing there.

"Hey" he replies, "you get shorter and shorter every day."

Quackity gives him a very annoyed look and he knows he's hit a nerve.

"Why are you in a hurry?" the shorter male asks instead of giving a retort, he tilts his head slightly.

Then Wilbur gets an idea, a perfect idea.

"Be my boyfriend" he says.

"What!?"

"I mean pretend to be my boyfriend" Wilbur corrects himself, "my ex is on the ship and she asked to see my new girl."

Quackity stands there seeming to be processing the information.

"And why would I help you?"

"Uhmm chaos?" Wilbur replies, "I'll pay you" he says as he sees Quackity's eyes narrow more annoyed.

"1000" (1083.68 in US dollers)

"You're kidding" Quackity's eyes go big.

"I'm not" Wilbur says, "shake on it?"

"Nah deal" the shorter shrugs, "but you better pay me."

Wilbur pauses for a moment studying him, he notices Quackity is wearing the earrings he gave to him on the deck, he hadn't really expected the shorter male to wear them, maybe he liked them more than he let on...

"Ok let's go" he grabs the other man's hand starting to walk back through the hall.

Quackity POV

Quackity stares at their hands clasped wondering how long he will have to pretend to be his boyfriend. He understands the want to get back at your ex but why him?

He feels Wilbur's warm hand on his, he can't help but get a little flushed as Wilbur looks back at him. The taller doesn't seem to notice and if he does he says nothing.

They walk into the dining area where Wilbur pauses in front of a woman, she is rather pretty, orange long flowy hair and very bright teal eyes, she looks rich and is wearing a elegant but simple dress. Something Quackity definitely would like to wear if he was a woman.

"Meet Quackity" Wilbur says pulling him forward.

Wilbur's ex's eyes go wide with surprise,

"He's a guy" she says, "I wasn't expecting that."

"I date men and woman now" Wilbur replies, "a more recent trait of mine thanks to Quackity here."

"Well pleased to meet you I'm Sally" the woman ignores Wilbur completely.
She seems rather nice, Quackity detangles his hand from Wilbur's to shake hers.

"Do you really date?" she asks finally looking at Quackity oddly, "where did you meet?"

"The beach" Wilbur replies quickly.

"Hmm" she seems suspicious, "you're rather good at dragging in the non human ones aren't you?"

Quackity can tell she sees right through the meeting at the beach lie, wait... Non human?
He's trying to figure out something to say when he feels Wilbur's arm wrapping around his waist. His face warms, the touch is subtle and gentle but strange- coming from someone he'd just met two days ago.

"Well nice meeting you... Quackity" Sally says, "are you coming to the bar tonight? I'd love to talk more."
She's still eyeing him curiously.

"Maybe" Quackity says.

"Ok good" she smiles warmly, "Maybe we can get to know each other..."

She says it nicely but it almost sounds like a hidden threat. Sally gives Wilbur a look then walks away from the two. Wilbur's arm loosens from Quackity's waist dropping to his side.

"You just invited us into more drama" he notes.

"You said there would be chaos" Quackity replies, "I expect there to be."

"Yknow you're kinda hot when you're talking like that" Wilbur says with a smirk.

"You can stop pretending now" Quackity narrows his eyes.

"I'm not" Wilbur replies.

Quackitys heart starts to pound faster, he steps away.

"See you tonight" he mutters awkwardly then makes his escape.

He's f-cking flirting...

Wilbur is handsome and rich but... Quackity imagines a hookup with him.
No don't even think about that.
He steps into his room locking the door.

Now he has to just wait for tonight, put on a convincing show for Wilbur's ex then he will get a lot of money.