Chapter Eleven

LOVERS PEACE | Daddy's Girl

"Baby, do you like this one?" Sa'hora asked twirling around in a mid length red sundress.

"Yeah, you look fine," he said for the third time in the last thirty minutes. He was currently laid back in their bed watching Martin.

"You say that about everything,"

"I can't help that you look good in everything," he shrugged with a yawn. He then looked at her licking his lips.

"That is not true," she mumbled walking back into their closet.

He chuckled putting his attention back on the television.

Two weeks had passed since their therapy session and they had been in good graces with one another every since. However, this weekend would be a test of everything they went over.

Sa'hora's parents were coming to visit.

Her mother meant everything she said about rekindling her relationship with her daughter despite how the dinner went. Since her husband was home from prison, it was time to get her family back together and move pass the past.

Sa'hora was nervous because her daddy was back now. He had been out of her life the past six years and she had became use to his absence.

She was missing for almost one year and then he spent five years in prison. During his bid, she only got to speak on the phone with him a few times a year and never went to visit him. It was due to her own shame about the situation and although her father said he forgave her, she was still nervous about being back in his presence.

What if daddy changed? She thought to herself as she rummaged through her clothes. They didn't have much interaction at the family dinner but she would never forget how his hug felt after all these years.

She was always a daddy's girl, since she was little. He was her favorite person in the whole world at one point. He practically felt like a stranger now but if her daddy was still the man she remembered from before, she knew the awkwardness would pass. At least she hoped.

Her parents had touched down in their city the previous night. They planned to stay until Monday, hoping to spend all weekend with her and get to know their daughter again.

They were staying at a hotel not too far from their house. She would have opened her home to them but felt it was too soon given the circumstances; plus Christopher was not a fan of that at all.

He meant it when he said fuck her family. However, seeing the light in her eyes when she told him about her parents wanting to visit her, he could see she missed them very much and he didn't have the heart to tell her no. Especially after they had just got back on good terms. He didn't want anymore problems with her.

But her daddy was still a bitch and her mother was still fake in his book but he wasn't going to keep her from
them. They came to a compromise that her parents could come visit them but they would not be going back there if they could help it. They also agreed under the conditions that they were not allowed to bring anyone else with them.

Her mother totally understood and apologized for blindsiding her about the dinner. Her and her mother spoke about the situation for hours over the phone and decided to start over on the right foot.

She exited the closet in a long baby blue tube top dress that hugged every part of her figure and stopped above her ankles. She felt cute and very pregnant in the dress and wore white sandals with it. Her hair was pulled back with a flower white claw clip and she wore light make up on her face. Christopher's necklace danced around her neck along with the diamond studs in her ears.