Sunset Promises - Part 4

_________________________

The morning sun painted the walls of the shared dorm room between Angel,Alastor,Husk, and Niffty.

"Hey, Alastor," Angel drawled, leaning against the lockers. "What did you and Mr. Morningstar do yesterday after school? Make out or something?"

Alastor's crimson eyes flickered. He had promised Lucifer to keep their conversation with Valentino a secret. But Angel's curiosity was relentless. "Nah," Alastor replied, feigning nonchalance. "We just had a little chat."

Angel wiggled his eyebrows. "Just a chat, huh? Boring."

Alastor shrugged. "Maybe. But I did get to meet someone interesting."

Angel's interest piqued. "Who?"

"Charlie," Alastor said, his voice softening. "Lucifer's daughter. an absolute sweetheart."

Angel's jaw dropped. "Wait, you met her?"

"yeah."

--

From the adjacent room stumbled Husk, his disheveled appearance a testament to a wild night. His eyes squinted against the light, and he yawned, revealing a set of sharp fangs.

"Morning, honey," Husk mumbled, shuffling toward Angel Dust. He planted a kiss on Angel's cheek, and Alastor's jaw dropped. The notorious playboy, Husk, was showing affection? It was like witnessing a unicorn tap dance.

Alastor couldn't resist. "Well, well," he teased, "look who's all lovey-dovey."

Husk shot him a glare. "Mind your business, Goth Man," he grumbled. "Some of us have feelings."

Angel giggled, wrapping his arms around Husk's waist. "He's just jealous," Angel said. "Aren't you, Al?"

Alastor's cheeks flushed. "Jealous? Me? Preposterous."

Husk smirked. "Sure, sure," he drawled. "But I bet you wish you had someone to kiss you awake."

Alastor sputtered, his crimson eyes darting to the door. "I—well—"

Angel leaned in. "Don't worry, Al," he said. "You'll find your special someone someday."

Alastor's heart stuttered. "I don't—"

Husk interrupted. "Maybe even someone with extra-long hair," he teased. "A certain French professor, perhaps?"

Alastor's mind raced. But then he realized—they were just poking fun. And maybe, just maybe, they were right.

--

The afternoon sun filtered through the stained glass windows of St. Seraphim's College, casting kaleidoscopic patterns on the classroom floor. Mrs. Velvette's history lecture had flew by, and Mr. Vox's math equations had danced across the chalkboard like elusive fireflies.

Now, they sat in Mr. Valentino's room—a place that held secrets darker than the shadows themselves. Angel Dust shifted in his seat, Valentino, the enigmatic science teacher, was different today. Instead of tormenting Angel, he merely watched—his eyes like shards of obsidian.

Angel leaned toward Husk, whispering, "He's not bothering me as much."

Husk raised an eyebrow. "Really? Maybe he's finally found a new victim."

Angel shook his head. "No, it's different. He's just... staring."

Husk glanced at Valentino, who sat at his desk, scribbling notes. "Staring, huh? Maybe he's plotting something."