𝐗

Escobar Love | VOLUME ONE.
"DAWN OF A NEW DAY"
[MEDELLÍN, COLOMBIA]

~Disclaimer: I changed the ages a bit~

A couple months later...

CLAUDIA CORTÉS

1977.
It had been a couple months since I had seen
Messiah.

Ever since that day I reminisced our time together. He still remained on my mind. The cologne he wore. His smile and laugh. I missed it all. But today was the day I get to see him again (since it was the Christmas holidays) and I was really nervous but happy!

Gently, i glide the piping hot straightener's over my previously straightened hair, while looking at myself in the mirror. These are the new ones I had got for my birthday... I'm finally 18 now! The
meaning behind the gift was that

"I was getting older now and I was finally allowed to straighten my hair".

Ridiculous! My family were very over protective over me cause they knew I'd be an easy target with the "features" I had. Anything I'd do was too "grown", whether it was wearing lipgloss to moisturise my lips or wearing a tank top in this hot weather, it would still be classed as being too grown. I never knew what that was supposed to mean but I just accepted it as a compliment.

I grab my wide tooth comb to comb a section of my hair. My mother disliked the idea of Messiah taking me to school. She thinks he's a bad influence with the type of family he's been brought up by. I didn't really understand, his family seemed normal to me.

However my dad doesn't like the idea either and my mother thinks it's his fault that is why they are arguing in this very moment.

"¡NO QUIERO QUE MI HIJA ANDA POR AHÍ CON ESE HIJO SUYO!
(I DON'T WANT MY DAUGHTER GOING AROUND WITH THAT SON OF HIS)"

"I UNDERSTAND! BUT HE'S A GOOD KID AND HE WILL KEEP HER SAFE AFTER WHAT HAPPENED!" my father roared.

I put down everything in my hands and began biting my nails. Ever since the incident I've had night terrors waking up crying of the same slender dark shadow grabbing me and dragging me out of my house.
It still haunts me till this day.

The impact from a door being slammed pulled me out of my thoughts. A familiar ringing pierced through my ears. I could not hear a thing! I pressed my hands against my ears closing my eyes hoping the noise would go away.

"Claudia?...Claudia?..." suddenly I heard my mother's voice. The ringing had stopped. This only happened occasionally.

"Hey mama"

"Awww you look so pretty, you look more like me baby! Come here lemme help you finish your hair"

MESSIAH MORALES

"Hmm hmm hmm"
I was humming the tune of El preso that was playing softly over my father's annoying lecturing in his office.

"Are you listening to me! You're nineteen years old now i should have to be telling you this!"

You hear that? Your boy's finally 19 now. It's been a while since I saw Claudia. I will be honest, I have missed her face quite a bit but I don't really wanna get into that. I've been trying to focus on getting this money up and eventually my own place.