Act 1: Chapter 3 ¦ Arabian Jasmine

As Lylliana heard his message, maids came rushing in in her room and welcomed her for her first day

As Lylliana heard his message, maids came rushing in in her room and welcomed her for her first day. She didn't respond yet and they quickly undressed her and changed her into a purple royal gown covered with a golden coating.

"It a bit grand for me to wear this, don't you think?" Lylliana was stunned and felt uneasy wearing such an astonishing dress.

A head old maid responded coldly to her
"for generations, that dress has been passed by many Empress in this Kingdom. It is one of most the widespread in our country to have this dress"

She thinks the old maid is exaggerating
Wait, so this was worn by dead wives?! Of old emperors?! She thought about wearing this dress.

She replied to them, telling them politely

"Oh, it is an honor to wear this but don't you think wearing this outside the field of a dirty and dusty environment will ruin this dress?"

The headmaid was shocked and sighed. Lylliana thinks she getting pissed at having common sense. As she orders the other maids.

"Change her into that summer dress we keep"

She was changed into a time of a formal yellow gown, She was delighted by this and immediately went to the Emperor leaving them. She rushed around the palace and was a bit lost at first but thanks to the maid's instruction, she finally found him.

"Good morning, Your Highness!!"

She was a bit exhausted from gushing from panting. The emperor stands next to the knights who are starting to train already. For her observation they were in their young twenties, they were tall but lean with an athletic and muscular build. The knight was sweating intensely and seemed like he just finished an intense and exhausting training session.

The emperor turns his head towards her as the knight continues to train, he looks at Lylliana and gives a quick look at what she is wearing, he notices her cute yellow dress nods his head softly, and says "Good morning" in a soft and gentle voice.

As she was observing she forgot that she was looking at the Knights's muscular builds. She blushed and looked away to try to change her thoughts

"Oh, umm- So all are here to train?! How revealing"

The emperor notices her blushing a bit and is amused, it seems like she hasn't seen a lot of muscular men before since she started blushing and she looks away quickly. It makes him jealous about the same

He nods slightly and answers her question calmly as he sees the knights continue to train with intensity and the young knight in the middle of the group seems to go beyond his limits as he keeps training despite the exhaustion that he looks.

"Yes, this is a daily training routine for the Royal knights, this training alone is what made them strong and powerful as warriors"

"Oh I see, so they already know how to fight?"

The Emperor realizes that she is curious regarding these knights and their skills, he smiles and answers her calmly as she sees the men start to take a small break and drink some water after sweating so much during the training.

"Not only that, they are very experienced and skilled in combat and are veterans in the field..."

he leaves a quick pause to not overwhelm her with too much information and he adds

"The knights I'm speaking of have fought in many wars in the past and have defeated thousands of opponents before, they are the finest fighters on the continent."

Lylliana was full of excitement and learning that she again wanted to be one

"So can I join?!"

but she realized that she was already decided as a future empress. Barging in with knights will make things go worse for her and she feels down about it.

"Oh I mean not to pry but can I at least try to train just once?"

The emperor's expression suddenly becomes amused, it seems like she has already decided to be a knight rather than an empress. Her enthusiasm and interest in being a knight caught him off guard, he never even anticipated this but you did surprise him.

He smiles softly as the knights continue to take their break from training and answers her kindly

"Why not, you can try to train with them and I'll even teach you myself on how to fight."

As she looked around the training ground she spotted a little bush with many small flowers. She came closer to see it and saw jasmine flowers.

"It kind like a pure rose, a white rose!" her head started to have a headache still she tried to shake it off. She grabbed a wooden sword around the corner.

"This is one for training right?"

The emperor nods softly and answers her while looking at the knights in training

"Yes, this is a training sword used for training only."

He saw her grab the wooden sword and he was surprised by her eagerness to start the training immediately. He walks towards her and joins her with the wooden sword and stands next to her.

She was ready to train but suddenly

*Rumble*

the ground suddenly shakes. The knight's we're alerted by this and Lylliana tumbles to the ground. The emperor's eyes widened suddenly and he instantly realized that something was up as the ground shook, the knights instantly responded as well and they all quickly moved around to check their surroundings.

The emperor also moves fast and puts himself next to Lylliana and grabs her by her arm while protecting her with his body from anything that could potentially harm them as the ground seems to shake more violently and seems more intense this time.

For an instant, the shake became louder like something was getting close. She tries to stand up and look around at what is happening and in the instant there she sees a dragon flying over them. The shake became louder

The Dragon suddenly flies over the training ground and crashes. She was almost caught by the Dragon but was able to dodge it but she was injured from collapsing.

The emperor and the knights are all surprised by the sudden appearance of the dragon in the air, they didn't notice anything strange before until the ground suddenly started to shake.

The dragon is huge and it crashes into the ground, the knights immediately charge towards the dragon and the emperor protects Lylliana from the sudden impact and can dodge the dragon crashing into the ground.

The emperor notices that Lylliana was slightly injured from the fall and he immediately pulls out his sword and stares at the dragon that is now approaching and moving forward toward them.

Then slowly her head started to ache again.

"Why now?!" She said

It began to ache more and more until a sudden sound...a voice

"Why did you live?"

"Why did you have to live?! Why not her?!"

Lylliana panicked hearing a voice in her head, but it was familiar to her. Something in her past...

A memory from the other world...