Me or Her?

Chiquita《

It's confusing, and it's hurting me at the same time. From one moment, she tells me I'm the most important thing in her life, to flirting with Asa.

I know we are just friends, but I hate it. I've been sending hints to her about my feelings, but she's too numb to notice them.

I don't know what to do, I'm scared to ask my members because maybe they'll laugh at me. Besides, they're all busy with their own thing.

I sigh deeply, which Ruka noticed since she was next to me. She looked at me with worry. She grabbed my hand and asked if something was wrong.

"I... I don't know. It's just something stupid. Don't bother asking." I told her, but she didn't seem satisfied with my answer. She sat in front of me and held both my hands while looking me in the eye.

"No, Chiquita. There's something wrong, and it's bothering you. As Babymonster's eldest member, I need to take care of everyone. Tell me, what's actually wrong?" Ruka said while stroking my hand with her thumb.

"It's... Can we go to a more private space?" I requested. "Sure, anything that makes you comfortable, then I'll go with it." She said as we stood up to leave. "Where are you two going?" Haram said, while Asa and Ahyeon didn't even notice us as they were too busy with each other. "We'll, just get some lunch and all. Want anything specific?" Ruka answered. "No, just the usual!" Haram answered.

"Come, we'll just go to the bathroom first. It's the only place I think that can give us the right amount of privacy." Ruka declared and dragged me to the nearest bathroom. Literally, no one comes here except for us, Babymonster. That's because the trainees obviously have their own floor, and our seniors are not busy with anything wherefore they need to be here.

When we entered and she closed the door, Ruka turned to me, waiting for my explanation. "What is it really? I know there's something because it's clearly bothering you." She asked as she looked at me sternly. "Ruka.. I think I'm in love..." I said as I let my eyes glide to the ground. Ruka didn't answer, nor did she make any movement for a while, I just stood there in silence.

"Chiquita, that's amazing. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" She questioned. "Well, It's because I'm not too sure, and why does it matter if I really like her, when she's clearly interested in someone else. I'm better off forgetting these stupid feelings and supporting her relationship with the other girl." I said as I looked up to see Ruka looking at me with motherly eyes.

"No, Chiquita, you can't give up when you haven't even tried to make even the slightest move to figure out what's going on between her and the other girl. You know that even though I'm close with Pharita and all, we're not dating or anything. We're best friends, we're family, but people sometimes think we are a couple. It's probably the same. They're just bestfriends!" Ruka answered while holding me by the shoulders.

"But don't you too see how Ahyeon looks at Asa?!" I finally burst out in tears and anger. The tears are making my view unclear, but I can see Ruka coming closer and pulling me in for a hug. "You didn't say it was Ahyeon and Asa..." Ruka mumbled into my ear while patting my back and stroking my head with her other hand. "There's something going on between them, am I right?" I said sobbing.

"I- Chiquita, how I wish I could tell you that it's still just friendship, but I know different..." Ruka said as she released the hug. "What do you mean?" I said, wiping away my tears. "It's not up to me to tell you that you need to find out yourself. I can't tell someone's private life to someone without them knowing." She said while handing me a paper towel to dry my eyes and, if needed, blow my nose.

"They're dating, that's it, right? It's basically what you just said!" I said to her with gritted teeth while backing up towards the door. "N-no! Chiquita- No! Wait, where are you going! Wait!" Ruka yelled at me as I ran out of the bathroom and ran towards the elavator that was about to close. I made it, and I found myself together with our dance trainer, Leejung Lee.