Chapter 6: Those promises are sure tempting... and forcing

Shout out to Lolmaster19 and kokofoThanks for your support!

---

Warning: Mentions of death and murder, please don't read the second part if you are sensitive to these!

---

Chapter 6: Those promises are sure tempting... and forcing

Lightning was thinking of how to end this torment, maybe breaking The Promise would help? Or would it cause more trouble? But what was The Promise? The Spirits did say that if he knew The Promise it would change. If he did break his promise where would he go? Would it be better than horrible headaches every day?

He knew there was most likely no turning back after he broke his promise, but it would be better than this. Right?

The Spirits did say that it would be something he regretted doing, which right now was making The Promise itself.

Maybe it was his murderous past...He thought that The Promise was to right his past. Lightning then starts flying off to find a target. He tries to strike multiple objects until he finds the first person he ever killedPin as Lightning is about to strike her, Lightning receives a call from Leafy and slowly flies back to his dorm room.

---

*Leafster2244(Leafy) has joined the call*

*Flameyboy1168 (Firey) has joined the call*

*Lightning_Storm471634 (Lightning) has joined the call*

*YourWorstNightmare1820329 (Teardrop) has joined the call*

*TheCollecter24451640 (Cloudy) has joined the call*

"Hey guys!" said Leafy, trying to be as encaustic as possible.

TheCollecter24451640: "What are you guys up to?"

Flameyboy1168: "Nothing really, just sitting around in my dorm room. Like always"

Teardrop and Leafy nodded. Everyone but Lightning had answered. So the attention drew towards him. 

Lightning_Storm471634: "Why is everyone looking at me? Oh. Um... I also did nothing! Just laid on my bed the whole day."

Everyone stared at Lightning, it was obvious that he was lying. His voice was unusually high, everything didn't sound right. He was also outside, a BIG giveaway. His deception (lie) was found out.

Leafster2244: "You sure? You're outside, if anything you aren't lying on your bed right now."

Lightning_Storm471634:" Fine.. I was trying to break my promise... O-only because the headaches are getting horrible! Well for me at least."

Everyone gasped in shock. What was Lightning thinking? That couldn't be a good idea, at all. What consequence would there be? He was putting the whole world in danger! Right?

---

Lightning ended the call as soon as he said that. He went to try and break his promise for the second time. He thought that maybe his promise was to strike somebody. It's just a maybe. 

Those promises are surely tempting...and forcing.

He saw Match walking alone in the dark crevasses in the alleyways, she was trying to get to her dorm room. This was the shortest way, and the most dangerous. There were no cases of accidents, though. Until now...

Lightning flew directly behind Match, preparing to zap her. "Like why is this alleyway so feared? I don't understand- OWW!" screamed Match, she was zapped for over two minutes. Match was limp, she didn't look dead. But she was fainted, that's for sure. Lightning squeaked backward, looking at what he did. "O-oh my-y c-cloud... W-what have I-I d-done..." Lightning stammered. He dragged Match's limp and possibly dead body into the corner of the alleyway. Then he returned to his dorm room, feeling as guilty as possible. He did zap Match for a long period, was it enough for her to be killed, though?

It was... 

---

Leafy and Firey were chilling in Leafy's room. Firey ate a yoyleberry; otherwise, he would burn right through Leafy's bed or the floor. No one knew that Match was dead...Yet. Not even Pencil noticed it yet. 

[Thirty minutes later]

"Pencil posted something! O-oh my g-god. Match's dead..." Leafy stuttered. "And Four's out of the city. Who could've done this? And why?" Leafy continued. Firey answered "Yeah, that's not okay. At all." 

The flame and lemon leaf talked for a while about who could've killed Match. Then something clicked... 

Lightning.

He did say he was trying to break his promise, he was once one of the most bloodthirsty contestants back in Battle for Dream Island Again, along with Liy, his literal partner in crime.

---

Lightning was guilty when he was flying back, he did just kill Match. He wondered if any of the 'Iance'  members noticed Match's sudden disappearance yet.

[Time skip]

"Guys I'm back!" said a very exhausted Lightning bolt, he was flying back to his dorm as fast as could avoid suspicion.  

After Lightning unpacked his stuff, he tucked himself into his bed as fast as he could. He was fatigued, exhausted, and last but not least very guilty.

Lightning soon fell asleep, but that was the biggest mistake he'd ever made since he went on a killing spree years ago.

---

"GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE, PLEASE!" said an object.

---

Notes: This chapter was so hard to think of ideas for, don't worry I have plenty of ideas for chapters 7+!