16

THE TWO TARGARYEN'S arrive in the Winterfell on dragon back as they were expected by the Lord Stark himself

THE TWO TARGARYEN'S
arrive in the Winterfell on dragon back as they were expected by the Lord Stark himself. Aelora unmounted Vermithor with Aemond right behind her. The two riders walk together to the people that awaited for them while the he-dragon went to roam in the cold skies of the north.

"Princess Aelora Targaryen.." Lord Cregan spoke with a small smile at the sight of the targaryen woman whose skin was even more paler by the cold. "Lord Stark. It is an honour.." Aelora lowered her head in respect. "Please, princess, the honour is all mine. " He spoke with a dark chuckle as his gaze met upon Aemond's who glanced around the snow without liking it one bit.

Aelora's smiled softly in return, "I suppose her grace; Queen Rhaenyra, informed you about the cause of my unexpected arrival." She spoke and Cregan nodded.

"I had received one of your father's ravens. Please," He extended his hand behind and let the woman pass as she did so with Aemond following right behind her.

______

Lucerys has rode Arrax on dragon back through the skies, far away from home as he was worried for his siblings. The younger brother felt alone in the whole castle as all they had were meetings all day long.

The prince noticed the night already fell as he was returning to Dragonstone. That was until, a loud growl has been heard from behind him. Lucerys glanced over his shoulder and was met with none other than the dragon with gleaming gold scales and his half-drunk rider.

Lucerys gripped onto the reins as Arrax began to fly faster, "Aderī, Arrax!" (Quickly, Arrax) He ordered his dragon, but no use. Sunfyre was quicker and faster than him and soon caught up. Not a second passed before Lucerys's screams echoed through the skies with the sound of Arrax's screeches. Sunfyre shook his head with them in his mouth before leaving them on a nearest shore as their bodies were washed by the waves.

_______

A day has passed since the arrival of Aelora in the Stark's house. Lord Stark, Cregan explained the story of his ancestor and the tradition he had started.

"The North must stand ready. Winter is coming." Cregan spoke as the two rode to the atop of the wall.

"Is coming? Has it not come yet or is this only simply the start of it?" Aelora questioned, not very fond of the winter.

Cregan chuckled lightly, "This is only a late summer snow, my princess," He turned his head to her before speaking again.

"You, at least, had the mercy not to threaten me with your dragon."

Aelora smiled awkwardly just as they had reached their destination. Men bowed in their presence, greeting the two.

"I do not know what the rest of the Westeros thinks of me, but I can assure you, I am merciful."

The two continued their path as Aelora reminds the Lord of the oath that they had sworn to King Viserys and his rightful heir. Cregan replies that the Starks do not break their oath, however he needs his men with him.

"And the Realm will be torn apart by the usurpers without your help...My Lord." Aelora responded as the two stood atop of the wall, overlooking at the view.

"My father brought King Jaehaerys and Queen Alysanne to see the Wall. His Grace stood at this very outlook and watched as their dragons, the greatest power in the world, refused to cross it."

Aelora turned her head towards him at the mention of Vermithor.

"I have thousands of graybeards who've already seen too many winters. They are well-honed." Cregan spoke. The Princess bit the inside of her cheek, holding in a proud smile as she glanced back to the view.

"I can ready them to march at once."

Aelora lifted her chin proudly, turning her head back to the Lord, "Can they fight? If they can, The Queen will have them."

Cregan confirms her question. Aelora turns to him with a soft smile, just as one of his men interrupted with urgent news from Dragonstone.

The Targaryen shared a confused glance with Cregan's fading expression. "My Lord?" She calls with a nervous chuckle and he simply hands her the note.

Aelora's eyes widened as her lips parted by the letter she was reading. The sad news about the murder of her brother sent shivers down her spine as she could feel anger and sadness fuelling inside of her.

"My princess—" Cregan called as Aelora rushed back to where they came from with him following behind her. She could scream, tear herself— and the people around her, apart, but she knew who was at the bottom of this.

Her mother's enemy, now hers.

"Aelora?" Aemond watched her taking the furious steps closer to him. Suddenly, the air was filled with the sound, caused by the princess' palm connecting with Aemond's face.

"You knew about it, didn't you? Huh? Didn't you?!" Aelora shouted in anger, bringing the attention to her as she pushed Aemond away. She did not care, however. Aemond was the first person that wanted Luke dead and now few days after, he is declared murdered.

"What are you talking about?" Aemond argued with her, holding her hands as a tear left her eye. "Lucerys was found torn apart." She breathed out, switching her glances as she could not find herself to calm down.

"Aelora, I—" Aemond couldn't find the words. He wasn't at fault, but he knew that she would blame him as it was his family that killed Lucerys Velaryon.

"You are no longer welcomed in Dragonstone. Get Vhagar and go to King's Landing however you know, because from now on, you are to live there...with your cunts of a family." Aelora shook his hands away as she brushed her tears and turned to Cregan.

"I thank you, My Lord, for your support." With a nod, she left towards Vermithor as Aemond stood there in shock.

Why was Aelora blaming him, you ask? The man that swore revenge on Lucerys for taking out a part of him, suddenly switching sides just because of the love Aemond and Aelora share?