Chapter One

"Everybody is shocked as how another murder has occured tonight here in Notting Hill. This unknown serial killer stroke again today at 8:17 p.m., and has brutally dismembered his victim. The police still hasn't got any clue of who the murderer may be, but a picture was taken as he walked away. Please look out for a tall teenage male with wavy hair. This was John Connor for DOX News"

"I still cannot believe this..." - I told my mum as we sat on the sofa.

This maniac is on the lose for almost 3 months now, and the PD hasn't done anything about it yet. My mum always worries about me because she's afraid that something bad might happen to me. I wouldn't really care if something happened, to be honest. I would accept anything that could destroy my life at the moment. I'm unhappy, I feel unloved, and I have terrible trust and self-esteem issues. I can't look at myself on the mirror without shedding a tear and scream my lungs out. I'm just... depressed, I guess. But I don't really care about that anymore. All I care about right now are my parents.

"Karyna, I've told you once, but I'm going to say it again: please be careful when you go out at night. You never know when that psycho may appear!" - said my mum, while drinking her hot chocolate.

"Mum, don't worry about it. I can take good care of myself." - I replied. - "And besides, he hasn't killed any girls (yet). Only guys. I don't even know if that's a fetish or something..."

She got up and walked away. I assumed she had finished her chocolate and she went to put the mug in the kitchen. I got up as well, and went to my room to Skype with Julia. 

As soon as I got into my bedroom, I closed the door and sat in front of my computer, I logged into Skype, and scanned to see if Julia was online. When I found that she was online, we started talking. We were supposed to meet at around 10:30 p.m. at the door of my house to go out and about, but I needed to know where we were going so that I could figure out what to wear.

"Dress sexy, babe. We're going clubbing!" - she messaged.

We said goodbye to eachother, and I went to doll myself up. I picked up a cute laced white dress and some beige high heels I had saved for special occasions. I went to the bathroom to put on some makeup. Nothing flashy; just a little bit of eyeliner, lipstick and mascara. I don't like it when I'm the center of attention. I put on some perfume, picked up my handbag and I was ready to go.

It was 10:30 p.m. and I was at my front door. I had said goodbye to my mum before coming out of the house, and she was worried to death, but I can't help it if I feel the need to go out and about. Julia came 5 minutes later.

"So, where do you want to go?" - I asked, a little curious.

"We're going to Funky Buddha! I heard the boys are going to be there." - She winked.

"You mean the boys from 1D? Seriously?!" - I was surprised. - "Like, I know that Liam usually goes there, but I never thought they'd all be there!" - I grabbed Julia's forearm as I started to run. - "C'mon, let's go!"