First day

Aria or more known by AJ from her friends and family. When she was 13 she had to pick a name that the Serpents would call her. Her dad had FP her brother had Jughead. Everyone called her AJ because of her name Aria Jones. So she stuck with AJ and occasionally people called her Ar. But the name most of the Serpent's called her was The Serpent Princess. Since her dad was The Serpent King.

She went to Riverdale High like her brother but when her father got arrested. Her and Jughead went into the foster system so now they went to Southside High. The serpents were a gang that her father happened to be king of and she wanted to be apart of it. Her brother Jughead on the other hand wanted nothing to do with it. 

Jughead had made up his mind and he wasn't going to even think about changing it. He didn't want to live with his dad or have anything to do with the Southside Serpents. Aria loved her dad and she wanted to be there for him. And her father never wanted her to be a serpent but she was very persistent. So FP said yes but she wasn't doing the dance. Which Aria was fine with since if she wanted she could do it when she was older. 

So when she was 14 another serpent gave her a serpent tattoo right below her collarbone. Now she was 17 and she was planning on doing the dance eventually within the first few weeks of being at Southside High.

     —————————————————————————————————————————————— 

Everyone was in the student lounge of Riverdale High. Everyone meaning Aria, Jughead, Kevin, Betty, Veronica and Archie had just walked in. Kevin was talking about how he had found Moose and Midge and Moose was shot. 

"It was full-on Carrie. Midge covered in Moose's blood screaming like a banshee. It was insane." Kevin said to them. 

"Kev, what were you even doing there? You could've been shot too." Archie tells Kevin. 

"I was just night-jogging, you know, as one does, and suddenly, I hear gunshots." Kevin says. 

"Can we agree there's a killer on the loose?" Archie asks while sitting down.

"With terrible aim." Jughead says causing Aria to laugh a little. 

Archie looked over at Aria before talking. "Aria, Jughead, he murdered Ms. Grundy."

"Arch, we don't know that these three crimes are related." Betty says. 

"Guys, can we focus on what matters here?" Veronica asks "Midge and Moose are alive. Archie's dad survived. The new season of The Matchlerette starts tonight. You're all coming over to watch." 

"There's a shooter terrorizing the town. You really want us to watch a gross dating show?" Jughead asks Veronica.

"What I want is for you guys to meet my dad officially. Back in New York, my dad was always in his study, doing bad things, as it turns out. I'm tired of closed doors. I need to know my dads life and he needs to know mine." Veronica tells them. 

"Well, we'll be there, V. Can't wait." Betty tells her.

"Thank you." Veronica says to Betty.

Reggie walks in with some other guys on the football team. "Hey, Andrews, we're going to the hospital to see Moose. You coming?" 

"Yeah, for sure. I'll see you tonight, Ronnie." Archie says before walking off with them. 

"We better go. We were supposed to meet our peer mentor at Southside High half an hour ago." Jughead says. 

"Oh, shit we were weren't we?" Aria says. 

"Wait, are—? Are you sure you can't just keep going here?" Betty asks Jughead walking up to him and Aria. 

"I'll be fine." Jughead says before kissing Betty.

     —————————————————————————————————————————————— 

When Aria and Jughead finally arrive to Southside High they have to go through metal detectors.  Aria had taken her necklace off and walked through and grabbed her bag putting her necklace back on and she pulled her Serpent jacket out of her bag and put it on. Now she was waiting for Jughead to walk through and as he was the metal detector started beeping. 

"It's the pins on my hat." Jughead says to the security guard the mayor had hired. 

"Take it off, go again." The security guard said. Aria had laughed a little since Jughead looked pissed and he gently threw his beanie to the side.

When Jughead gets through a girl with brown hair and pink highlights walks up to them. "Forsythe Pendleton Jones III and The Serpent Princess." The girl says and takes a picture of them. 

"Uh it's Jughead, actually." Jughead says. 

"And it's just AJ." Aria tells the girl.

"I'm Toni Topaz. I was supposed to give you the full animatronic tour of Southside High, but some robots went insane and started killing the guests, so, we'll just wing it." Toni says making Aria and Jughead smile briefly before whispering in Jughead's ear. "I like her she has a sense of humour unlike a certain blonde." Jughead just glares at Aria after she says that.

"Classrooms don't have Wi-Fi, bathroom stalls don't have door." Toni says as they walk downstairs. 

"What about the school paper? The Red and Black?" Jughead asks. 

"Yeah, it no longer exists. Censorship? Budget cuts? Take your pick." Toni said as they finished walking down the stairs. "To your right you'll find a glimpse of jingle-jangle being consumed in it's natural habitat." 

"I'm sorry, "jingle-jangle?" Jughead asked. 

"This place is crawling with the JJ." Toni says and before she could say anything else Aria talks. "It's a highly addictive total gutter drug. So, let's not touch that, Jug." "Jingle-Jangle. Fascinating." Jughead says. "Impressive AJ." Toni says. 

"Yeah, I know someone who deals it." Aria says. Jughead just looks at Aria a little confused.

They walk into the cafeteria when they walk in Toni goes back to giving the tour. "Here in the cafetorium, The Ghoulies sit over there. Rival gang, drug dealers, street racers, rumours of cannibalism. Don't ask. And we sit over there. With the Serpents." 

"You're a Southside Serpent?" Jughead asks. And Aria just looks at him like he was dumb. "She obviously is Jug." Aria says. 

"Why do you think that I volunteered to give you the tour? Come on." Toni says leading them to The Serpents. 

"Actually, I'm gonna sit alone. Just, you know, finish my book and brood" Jughead says and Aria sighs. 

"I'm confused. Aren't you two like a Serpent by blood? The son and daughter of FP Jones?" Toni questions. 

"Yeah. So, I self-identify as a loner, not a pack animal. I'm just gonna put my head down and try to get through this, okay?" Jughead tells Toni.

"Hey, you wanna get through this, you should hang with the Serpents. If the Ghoulies get a whiff that you're alone and vulnerable, they'll make you their bitch faster than you can say American History X." Toni says before walking away. 

Jughead and Aria find a table and sit so she pulls out a sketch book before Jughead talks. "Why aren't you with the Serpents?" He asks Aria. 

"You're my brother Jug I will make sure that you're not alone."

     —————————————————————————————————————————————— 

AN: Finally the first chapter is done and Sweet Pea will be introduced within the next few chapters. A new chapter should be out in a few days between homework, studying, babysitting and working on my other book.