Part : 23 Drunken

Author POV

At the same time, from within the virid lake, a long shadow darted around the small boat. After Jiang Cheng finished the water ghouls on his side, he was still watching out for any that they had missed. Seeing the shadow, he immediately yelled, "It's coming again!"

A few disciples paddled and used nets to chase after the underwater shadow. Someone shouted from the other side, "There are some here as well!"

The Cultivators was getting anxious seeing the situation as now, no one was getting good vibes.

On the other side, a mass of black shadows also whooshed past. A number of narrow boats dragged nets and went over, but they didn't catch anything. Wei Wuxian spoke, "That's strange. The shape of this shadow doesn't seem like a human. It's also sometimes long and sometimes short, sometimes large and sometimes small... Lan Zhan, beside your boat!"

Instantly, the Bichen on Lan Wangji's back unsheathed and stabbed into the water. After a moment, it flew out of the river with a sharp resonance, taking with it a crescent of water. Yet, it didn't pierce anything.

"Lan zhan, you are looking cool!" exclaimed Wei wuxian.

'Wei ying say I am cool. Wei ying is so thoughtful. I love my Wei ying!' thought Lan zhan.

"This generation is best, with so many talented heirs!" exclaimed a Cultivator.

"I must say you are right!" exclaimed another Cultivator.

He held the sword in his hand with a stern expression. As he was about to speak, a disciple on the other side also drew out his sword, thrusting it toward a dark shadow which swiftly swam by in the water.

However, after his sword went underwater, it never came out again. He chanted the sword incantation for a few more times, but nothing was retrieved from the water. It was as if his sword had been devoured by the lake, disappearing without a trace. The disciple looked like he was a youth of similar age as Wei Wuxian and the others. Without his sword, his face grew paler and paler. An older disciple beside him spoke, "Su She, right now, we still haven't determined what the thing inside the water is. Why did you act on your own and make your sword go underwater?"

Su She seemed like he was somewhat flustered, but his expression was relatively calm, "I saw that Lan-er-gongzi also..."

He realized, before he even finished speaking, how unsuitable this sentence was. No matter what, the Bichen sword or Lan Wangji were not comparable with others. Lan Wangji could enter his sword into water when the opponent was unknown and be just fine, but it might not be the case for others. An embarrassed shade of red seeped through his pale complexion, as if he had been disgraced. He glimpsed at Lan Wangji, but Lan Wangji didn't look at him, and instead attentively observed the water. In an instant, Bichen was unsheathed again.

"What the- is he mentally ill?" exclaimed Wen rouhan about the disciple trying to copy Lan zhan.

"Did you seriously thought, you can be compare to my Shushu" asked Lan Jingyi in irritation while glaring at Su she.

"Idiot!" exclaimed Zizhen.

"Who the hell, you think you even are, huh?" asked Jin ling, this person was really getting on his nerves.

Su she clenched his feasts, he was already embarrassed but those people were humiliating him for such a small thing.

"You both!" called Lan qiren and Lan Jingyi, Jin ling rolled their eyes.

This time, the blade of the sword wasn't inserted into water, but instead, the tip of the sword jolted, and whisked up a piece of shadow from within the water. A pile of wet, black mess fell onto the floor of the boat with a plop. Wei Wuxian went on his toes to have a look. To his surprise, it was a piece of clothing.