Chapter 6

Parking to eat some food I got on the way, I dive deeper on who followed them

Parking to eat some food I got on the way, I dive deeper on who followed them. Dressed in a suit complete with a mask, which looked more like a helmet. Carrying a shield that looked like Captain America's, yet painted a different way.

It didn't take long, for after few minutes after I finished eating I figured it out. Taskmaster. It was the Taskmaster who followed them, most likely trying to kill them.

I quickly discard my trash, making my way for the underground railway they were last in. After taking the long way down the escalator and making sure I spared a glance at the posters and flyers covering the walls in the way down. Surprisingly the underground railway was kept completely open, expect for the area the car crashed in.

I make it to the main area, where the two girls disappear and where Taskmaster was lead off their trail. Easily for someone who is being controlled, or someone who doesn't want to be doing what they are doing. Either way, Taskmaster is no longer on the scene, and I am prepared to wait for Natasha and her sister, Yelena, or find them. Whichever should come first.

I sit on a bench, against a wall, close to a corner so I can easily view the most of the room, without worrying too much about me while I find the girls, or at least their exit route.

                               ——————

I've been sitting here for about an hour and a half, occasionally getting up to stretch my legs and 'use the restroom' even through I just do laps instead. I stand up to move to the other side of the room, but before I can walk all the way over the grate on the ceiling, a part of the vents it looks like, moves slightly.

I quickly check for people around me, the few that are here are all, not paying attention. I quickly climb up and knock gently, before opening one of the grates and sliding in. I look behind me to see two girls, a blonde with an arm injury as well as Romanoff. I turn where I am so I am now facing the two before speaking up.

"Hello girls," I start, "nice to finally meet you." I finish pointing my sentence towards the blonde whom I am just now meeting.

I hold out my hand in front of Yelena, for a handshake, only for it to be slapped away by Romanoff. Turning my head to look at her, I smile.

"I'm here to help you." I say, mostly directed at Romanoff.

"You're supposed to be dead!" The redhead whispers.

"Well clearly I didn't get an invite to the funeral, now there is no need to whisper no one can hear us." I inform her.

"Dying really mellowed you out, huh?" Romanoff starts, "Do you not care that everyone thinks you're dead?"