Chapter 4

Quickly and careful to be quiet I make my way up behind him

Quickly and careful to be quiet I make my way up behind him. Just as I was almost close enough to reach for his head, he turns around and freezes. Obviously he wasn't expecting company.

I quickly launch for his shoulders, tackling him to the ground. We hit the ground with a thud. Quickly moving to get the job done I begin punching him in the face, repeatedly. After a few seconds George fights back, I assume he has, just now, gotten out of his shocked state. Through the disorientation of the fight George somehow takes out a gun.

"Shoot me or put it down." I tell him.

He obviously didn't like that, as he went for the shot. Right before he pulls the trigger I jump forward, not caring if I'm injured. Feeling a sharp pain in my arm, I pause for a second before kicking the gun out of his hands, and slit his throat as he is still on the ground.

——————

Dodging the many puddles on the ground, I walk into an alleyway, and sit down next to another giant puddle. Dropping my left arm, into the giant puddle, I groan. Squinting every time I'm blinded by a cars headlights, I lean my head back, against the building I'm sitting against.

"Holy fuck, that hurts." I whisper under my breath.

Deciding that I need to not bleed out to death in a dark alley, I take my spare jacket and screwdriver from my car and rip the jacket, tying it around my bicep ,and twisting the screwdriver that I tied in, to make it tighter to stop the bleeding.

Letting out a sigh, I lean back against building. Not being able to relax completely before I heard a sound. Behind a dumpster it sounds as if someone is rummaging around for a lost item in it.

"Hello?" I call out. I know super stupid, anyway.

I watch as a dog, a Doberman, slowly walks out holding a piece of moldy bread in its mouth. The dog slowly walks up to me, and sits.

"Hey buddy where is your owner?" I ask, as if the dog would respond to me.

"Alright, I'll help ya, just let me help myself first." I tell the dog.

I decide that since the dog is obviously looking for food, that I might as well feed it. But since I didn't have any food in my car I made the decision to call Fury.

"Hey Fury. What time is it where you are?" I ask through the phone.

"Way too damn early. What do you need Agent."

"Ohhh, agent. I woke you up didn't I? Anyway I was just wondering where that burger you got me came from."

"Monarchy Burgers. It's not too far from where we met with Romanoff." He informs me.

"Thanks Nick. I'll let you get back to your much needed slumber." And with that I hang up.

I usher the dog into my car, with one arm and drive to Monarchy Burgers. I order a hamburger for the dog and a cheeseburger for me. I park in the parking lot and give the dog the hamburger.