The Hero's Song

A day, two days, three days, up until it became a week. It's been a week since Cale stood in that music room, It's been a week since Cale laid in his bed with the now familiar warmth he felt, looking up at the ceiling, records flashing before his eyes, and more so, it's been a week since Cale had commissioned that piano. A week since his records start to drive him more and more into an empty despair.

.

.

.

"Hm, I wonder if it's finished now.." Cale looked off to the garden. With his new-found retirement, he didn't really do much other than look over the garden, play with his kids, enjoy the sun, eat, sleep, breathe(Or as Cale calls it, "exercise") he was the equivalent of a lazy sloth. Moving only when necessary. Most people would think that this was the dream, lazing around, doing nothing, not having to work, and it was! Maybe if his records didn't burden him with migraines every time he wasn't distracted.

Cale still had to see whether this piano would help the records to shut up, and leave him alone. It didn't help that an assassin who can easily end his weak and feeble life was just at the corner, gathering lemons to make into horrid tea. So there he sat, enjoying the silence, well, as much silence as he could with his records and the ancient powers playing Uno in the afterlife. Crazy kid was yelling obscenities and cackling while Crybaby, well, cried.

-You were right again Cale!! This ####### game is a ####### ####### BLAST!!

-Huhuhuhu have pity on me!! I have so many cards...

He doesn't even know how they got the cards... Cale acts like they just didn't exist. Everything was at peace, serenity at its finest— "Young master, a letter has arrived for you" Holy shit. Cales heart almost leaped out of his chest, not that he'd show it, Well, not that he needed to show it because the demon of a butler, Ron, saw through his stoic expression with the benign smile of a kind old man. Cale clears his throat before sitting up and taking the letter from Ron "-ehem.. thank you Ron, you can go now" 'and don't come back for a while...' Cale waved Ron off and Ron retreated, satisfied that he got to frighten his little young master for a bit.

Cale looked down on the letter, turning it over to see that it was from the craftsman he hired. He turned the letter over again with a raised brow. It was very high quality, of course he expected that, he just expected it to be less personalized per say. It was scented with a sort of lemony-floral scent. This made Cale feel shivers go down his spine. 'Is this a threat?' He just sighed and opened the letter, disregarding the golden lining of the paper used.

'Dear Sir. Cale Henituse,
   Hello young master Cale. I am happy to say that construction on the instrument that you have requested is almost complete! I assure that I will be able to send it over in a few days. Your blueprint was just perfect young master! Sketched to perfection, every measurement fits like a glove with one another. While I questioned the list of materials you had sent over, I realize now that I should never question the integrity of you, young master! You truly astound me with every action you—'

And yadayadayada. Cale stopped reading after the first compliment, and he folded it back up before sliding it into his shirt pocket. He sighs, some people just talk too much. He should probably prepare for the day it arrives... Eh, he'll think about it later. Cale continued to rock on his chair, watching as Lock and the rest of the wolf kids joined Ohn, Hong, and Raon in the fields. Beacrox definitely won't be happy to see how dirty the kids get after this. Cale just hummed a tune as his children played and lived their life like he wished them to do. Soon the kids find themselves gathering around the sleeping slacker, wanting to spend a nice moment with their guardian.