Why Me? - 8

Pete Pov

After eating I don't know what to do? I need to talk to two people now... One will be out of reach today because she is going with his pa... So can I try to contact the other person...

But what would I do if he asked me for a one month dating plan again?

Oh, my head hurts but I don't want to be in the room today, so I dressed up and went down...

There I saw Pa reading documents on the sofa... I didn't see a Porsche anywhere...

Then again, his Voice echoed in my mind... 'I was also just a child when that woman abandoned me'... If it was before I wouldn't even care about what he says but now I can understand the meaning of his words... Why do I feel this way? ... I am lost in my thoughts...

"Pete" pa called me... "Huh?"

"Can you give me a second to talk to you?" I frowned... Yes, It's normal for us... If Pa wants to talk to me, he always asks for my permission first... Why does it feel weird today especially after hearing what Porsche said 'I was also just a child when that woman abandoned me'...

I was silent "It's ok... If you don't want to talk now, we can talk later..." he said and diverted his direction to see documents...

But I went and sat opposite him... My actions are enough for him to start talking... I saw his smile... He put the documents down before talking to me... I didn't notice this gesture before but if I remember correctly Porsche and Pa will always do this when they talk to me... They will always put aside whatever they are doing when they talk to me... It was not bothering me before but why am I bothering with his simple gesture now... Did Porsche words affect me 'I was also just a child when that woman abandoned me'....

I shook my head "do you have a headache?" he asked with concern... It's already feeling weird, I don't want anymore...

"No, you can talk" I said, and he sighed...

"Can you please listen to me fully then you can answer me... I can accept your answer whether it is positive or negative... But can you hear me first..."... I nodded...

"Hmm... The thing is we have some issues in material supply... Porsche has to work on our other companies, and I have to attend a business meeting.... Pearl went with his pa for a business meeting..."

He looked at me hesitantly and I'm not a kid, so I understood what he was about to ask...

"Do I have to go solve material issues?" I asked...

"You can reject me if you don't want to," he said, and I don't know what comes to me. I agreed immediately and he was surprised and happy... But again, he looked hesitant...

"What now? I agreed already so you can tell me everything..." he paused his lips... Did I scare everyone...

"You have to fly this afternoon and the supplier meeting will be held in London and you have to..." I narrowed my eyes...

"You know Vegas, my other partner's son, he will go with you..." I was shocked and what gave me more shock is "The meeting and the material checking process will go on for a week" what? so I have to stay with Vegas for a week...

"Why?" I asked...

"The product needs the best quality material, so you and Vegas have to stay and confirm the material quality... You don't have to do anything... Vegas will take care of everything, but you have to be there to represent us because we are the one responsible for production... If anything goes wrong, it will be our fault, so I want you to go with him..." Did he believe me in business? I asked myself...