•❃𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡❃•

Thursday Morning

In the dim light of dawn, the city was just waking up, stretching its limbs with the first rays of the sun piercing through the skyline.

You were already stirring from your slumber, the gentle buzz of your phone alarm nudging you awake. The room was filled with the soft breathing of your best friend and roommate, Sienna, who was curled up on the couch, a faint wheeze accompanying each breath.

Concern for Sienna lingered in your mind, but seeing her in peaceful sleep, you decided not to disturb her rest, especially since she was still battling the tail end of a flu.

Quietly, you went about your morning routine, moving around with the efficiency of someone who knew the value of each minute in the morning rush. You showered, dressed in your favorite jeans and a comfy cardigan, and packed your bag for the day.

Your outfit.・゜゜・

Before leaving, you glanced at Sienna, considering for a moment to wake her so you wouldn't have to go to school alone again for a second time, but chose against it, leaving a note instead with the details of her classes and a reminder that some l...

Before leaving, you glanced at Sienna, considering for a moment to wake her so you wouldn't have to go to school alone again for a second time, but chose against it, leaving a note instead with the details of her classes and a reminder that some leftover takeout was in the fridge.

On the kitchen counter, the gray sweater lay folded, a reminder of yesterday's mishap. It belonged to the guy you had accidentally spilled coffee on. You had insisted on cleaning it, a silent plea for forgiveness for the clumsy encounter. Grabbing the sweater along with your car keys, you made your way out, locking the door softly behind you. 

The drive to school was short, but you decided to make a quick stop at the local deli near your college. It was a quaint place, the kind that knew your order by heart if you were a regular. As you stood in line, pondering over whether to go with your usual or try something new, a voice broke your concentration.

"Planning to start a new trend with coffee-stained clothes?" The teasing tone was familiar, and you turned to find the very person you least expected to see — the guy from yesterday. His smile was easy, disarming even, and it took you a moment to gather your wits.

"Oh, I thought I'd return this before I start any trends," you replied, holding up the sweater with a playful smirk. The tension from your previous encounter seemed to dissolve in the light-hearted banter.

"I'm Cameron. Cam for short," he said and winked, extending a hand, a proper introduction this time."Y/n," you responded, shaking his hand, feeling the odd sensation of formality after your rather informal meeting the day before.

Cameron insisted on buying you breakfast as a way to apologize for his reaction the day you spilled coffee on him. The two of you found a small table in the corner, and what started as a meal shared out of courtesy, quickly turned into an engaging conversation.

The morning rush in the deli around the two of  you seemed to slow, the world outside blurring into the background as you talked. It was unexpected, this connection, something neither of you anticipated from a chance meeting that started off on the wrong foot.