monsta x changkyun joins a new company

It had been a week since the announcement went out that Changkyun would no longer be a serving member of Starship Entertainment. He would still be a part of the group and partake in the activities that they did, but Kyun was no longer under their employment, which was a big change for someone who was so used to having a routine in their life.

There wasn't some big reason why Changkyun didn't re-sign, it was just because he was shopping around and talking to some company who were offering him some better sounding contracts. The one with Starship was talking that when Jooheon ended his service, the band would have 3 more years of activities before another review of their contracts and they'd be able to leave afterwards with no legal issues from Starship.

It was an okay contract, which had a start and an end date, but Changkyun couldn't help but feel like he was highlighted as a massive marker in the group having a rapper. He was exempt from the military because of his Autism, no sector would take him because of the mental strength of some of the jobs. It wasn't nice because he was always told that he'd make a good comms officer, one that would be able to help out in the communication between the Korean military and the country at large, but when an officer came to help with getting Hyunwoo in to the right place after his eye surgery, he came with the paperwork of Changkyun's exemption.

The CEO did say that it was just because of the way marker that Jooheon's name was mentioned, but by that time Kyun was well underway with negotiations and talks with his legal team, so the choice was already set, he was leaving.

Psy was one of the first people that came up. P Nation was famous for being the label where artists could have a lot of creative freedom and when Changkyun sat down for a meeting around a possible contract, both parties were very interested in what the youngest of Monsta X could bring to the label.

Jay Park, with AOMG, was also another company who was looking for solo artists and reached out when the news hit their ears. Jay was also in the process to fully stepping down from his roles within the company, but he was there with the youngest and helped outline a small plan that might be taken if he was to sign and it was something that Changkyun liked the sound of, it didn't seem like there was going to be any obligations to do anything, not like Starship, who tried to get them to do at least 3 EP's a year and try to get them to do as many shows as possible.

YG was also a contender that reached out to the maknae personally, going as far as to meet with the maknae on his day off just to talk to him, but because of the reputation of their lack of comebacks, signing with YG Entertainment was instantly struck off the list.

So, Changkyun decided to meet with the person he was seriously considering signing with one last time to ensure that this was going to be the best choice for him.

He was sat in Hot Coffee, Hot Tea and Intak was also on shift, giving him good vibes from over by the counter when the bell tinkled. It was almost like Changkyun knew that it was for him and he was right as Jay Park came over. Kyun got up and hugged his hyung.

Jay was excited to see him, he really wanted to know what the answer was going to be after waiting for so long since their initial meetings all the way back in March.

"So, what's your choice Changkyun? Are you going to sign with AOMG?" He asked.

"I'd love to, if you could change a couple of the terms?" Jay nodded and took out his notebook, waiting for the younger to ask his questions. "I want to release 2 albums each year, one in the 1 quarter and one in the 3rd."

"Only that?" The elder asked. "You don't want to not have to do collaborations?" He certainly knew what it was like to be forced to do things under the contract he signed when he was too excited about his potential future, he doesn't want to run his company that way.

"I want to be asked about it and given the chance to say no without there being repercussions." Changkyun admits.

"And that's perfectly fine, we can definitely make that happen for you over here." Jay nodded. "But there was also the issue with you having Duality at Starship. I assume you get the royalties for that, any album sales in your own name?"

"Yeah. I do." Changkyun said. "I said to Starship we even started production properly that I would want the full rights to that and they agreed, but to have it under their name since it's a Starship product, I'm okay with that, but its a I.M entity, not a I.M under Starship Entertainment entity and I don't want it to become a I.M who was under Starship and went to AOMG entity."

Jay nodded and wrote that down also. He flicked through the last few pages of the notes before the ending thoughts on the contract. "If you are happy with that and want to actually come into the offices for a chat, I am sure we can get the new contract signed within the next couple of days and we can have you as a part of the family very soon."

"Thank you Hyung." Changkyun nodded.

"You're very welcome." Jay lef the younger at the table to go back to the company, so Intak took up his place, smiling warmly at his hyung.

"What was all that about?" Him and Changkyun were getting closer, talking every single time that Intak had a break from his job and even exchanged phone numbers with each other. He knew about the meeting and made sure that everything was going to be okay with the manager and his newly signed artist.

"I'm now a part of AOMG I think." Changkyun sighed. "It feels really nice to be finally done with that chapter and I can work towards some new goals for myself and for the fans."

Intak nodded. "You seemed- not unhappy at Starship, since I've only known you for a couple of weeks, but when you mentioned on the phone about Jay Park-hyung's agency- I don't know- you seemed like you were really thinking of the move as something positive and that you wouldn't become complacent in your musical journey so far."

"Thank you Intak-ah. I love the memories I've made at Starship, but I really do think its time for a change and Hyung seems like he really cares about his artists, so this is definitely going to be the change that I've needed for a while."

Hello, this is AOMG Entertainment.

We would like to inform fans of a recent new signing and member of our family.

I.M is our newest solo artist and will complete activities with us alongside his band members, Monsta X, in their company.

Thank you.