Mother's Blessings

Where's Ayaka?

*Kokomi turns towards Ayaka, and she seems to be a little distance away from the group. She is still quite stunned from the whole series of events that happened in front of her, and a lot of things are going through her head right now. Kokomi waves her over to come join the group, and Ayaka slowly makes her way over to the group from where she was standing.*

He's alive...

Ayaka: "He's alive??" *Ayaka stares at Kazuha in disbelief upon hearing this, and there is such a mixture of happiness and relief on her face. She moves forward and grabs Kazuha's hand gently, staring at him closely to see if he was truly alive.*

*Kazuha smiles weakly at her and squeezes her hand back gently.*

Kazuha: "I am... and it's all thanks to Kokomi's quick actions... I don't know what I would've done without her..."

Ayaka: *giggling softly as she feels the warmth of his hand in hers* "I'm really glad you're alright... I know I may have treated you harshly at times, but I never meant any of it... I'm just really happy that you're still here..."

*Kazuha smiles reassuringly at her and squeezes her hand again.*

Kazuha: "I never thought you meant any of it... I know you were just teasing me, and I never held anything against you for doing it... It's just another example of how much you care for me, I suppose.."

*Ayaka can't help but blush slightly as she hears his words, and even her entire expression softens upon realizing once again how much Kazuha still means to her. She suddenly looks away self-consciously before looking back at him with a smile.*

Ayaka: "Well, I guess I could be a bit nicer from now on..."

*Kazuha can't help but laugh slightly at her words, and he smiles back at her.*

Kazuha: "It's okay... you don't have to be. I know how you are."

*But he can't help but take note of her softer expression and blushing cheeks. He can tell that the entire situation has been a big wake-up call for her... and he knows she genuinely means what she's saying. He smiles softly at her again and squeezes her hand one more time.*

*Ayaka smiles back at him happily, but she can't help but feel somewhat embarrassed by how she's acting around him. She has become so soft and caring towards him all of a sudden, and she can feel her cheeks flushing as she realizes how much her feelings have started to mature. It's a new sensation for her, and she can't help but be a little self-conscious about how obvious her feelings are right now.*

*Adrian suddenly speaks in annoyance of watching the two flirt* Okay! That's enough flirting you two! Kazuha needs to rest!!

*Kazuha instantly freezes when he hears this, and he lets go of Ayaka's hand awkwardly. Ayaka looks over at Adrian in confusion and dismay, as she realizes that he was watching the whole conversation between them. She turns back and stares at Kazuha, who is slowly sinking into fatigue and exhaustion now that he is safe and his adrenaline is starting to wear off.*

Ayaka: "...you're right... We've got to make sure he rests properly now that he's back..."

*She glances at Kazuha concernedly, and she starts to carefully guide him towards the shrine so he can rest safely.*

*Kazuha smiles weakly at her as he is led back into the shrine, and he follows behind Ayaka obediently. They move towards the shrine's main room, and he takes a seat on a nearby couch, leaning his head back as he closes his eyes to rest.*

*As Kazuha settles in and closes his eyes, he finally gets the chance to relax and take a break from everything that's happened. His body is beginning to tire, and he feels exhausted now that the adrenaline of his near-death experience has subsided. He sighs gently, and he begins to feel some relief as he rests his head on the comfy couch.*