Eleven

"Amma chalo na! Chalo na please!" Ekam said with a cute puppy look. They were having breakfast together when Ekam started to nag her asking her to come along.

"Okay baba" she said finally giving up.

After breakfast Nandini was going to change when Manik asked "Kidhar?"

"Change karne" she said showing the lose kurta and plazo she was wearing.

"Yahi jana hai. Vaise bhi they are late. Change karne ka time nahi hai" he said leaving with Hriday and Ekam

Nandini thought about it. Even Manik was wearing casuals so she didn't care and joined them.

Before starting the car Manik texted something to someone and then left.

They reached Hriday's school first. Manik and Nandini got down. Manik made Hriday sit on the bonnet and Nandini stood infront of him and gave instructions like not to fight, to finish his food and to be attentive in class. Hriday was just nodding and then Nandini kissed his cheek making him smile. Seeing them Manik smied too

"Mujhe bhi school jana hai" Ekam said coming out from the open roof of the car.

"Dekho na Amma ko, yeh karo woh karo. Main sab karta hu" Hriday said. Then he stood on the bonnet making Manik almost yell at him but Hriday and Ekam did a stylish handshake like Peter and Ned from spiderman. Hriday hopped down, took his bag and ran to the school.

Manik and Nandini sat in the car. They dropped Ekam and Nandini did the same only she asked him to eat his food and kissed his cheek

"Also tum select ho jaoge" she added kissing his cheek again

"Thank you Amma. Bye" Ekam said kissing Nandini's cheek and giving Manik high five and even he left to school.

Manik and Nandini sat in the car and Manik started to drive.

After a few minutes of driving his phone pinged and he checked it

"You mind if we detour to my office?" Manik asked and Nandini turned to him shocked

"Haan?" she asked confused

"Important papers pe signel karna hai mujhe, you mind if we drop by and then ho home?" he asked again

"Aise kapdo mein?" Nandini asked showing Manik what she was wearing

"Main ne bhi toh three fourth aur tshirt pehna hai. Do minute ka kaam hai. Basement se jayenge aur aa jayenge" he said and Nandini got thoughtful. Then nodded a yes.

Manik turned his car for his office. There was silence in the car which was a mix of awkward and comfort but none of them initiated any conversation.

Manik stopped the car in basement and they took the elevator up. Nandini followed Manik as she was clueless where to go.

"Your office was in BKC na?" she asked as he had taken her to a posh building in a business park near Andheri area

"Now this is where I work from." Manik answered her walking while checking his phone. His answer was confusing for Nandini again.

She reached the main area of the last floor with him where a team of people was waiting.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting people" Manik said and all looked at him a bit suprised seeing him in casuals.

"I'll just change. You all join me in five. Let's finish this quick. I have to go, a busy day today." Manik said and Nandini was confused more. He had a busy day but not in office? What was going on?

All the employees nodded.

Manik held Nandini's hand and started to take her saying  "Sheril I need you in my cabin" Sheril followed quickly. Nandini was too stunned for a minute and kept looking at their hands until they entered his cabin. It was huge and spacious.