Thirteen

Nandini stirred but then felt an iron grip around her. She tried to move but then she couldn't. Slowly she fluttered open her eyes to fall on Manik's bare chest. She realised she was caged in Manik's arms.

"Manik" she called out softly and he hmmed

"Let me go" she whispered and he nodded but instead of letting her go he pulled her close. Nandini was shocked. They were sharing a bed for the last two days but then she had not woken up in his arms like today.

She craned her neck and saw he was at her side and not his, she thought maybe he turned over on her side. She didn't remember the nightmare and him calming her.

"Manik" she tried again to get out of the hold

"Sleep na baba" he said in his sleep. She sighed and stopped struggling. She tilted her head to see him but he was in deep sleep.

So Nandini reset her head on his chest. Coincidentally her ear rested on his heart. The rhythmic heart beats made her feel content. Instinctively she kissed over his heart. As she did, Manik kissed her crown.

Scared Nandini looked up but then she found him still sleeping. To test it again she kissed over his heart again and he kissed her crown again. This made her smile. Taking her chance she kissed again and again Manik kissed back as if it was a natural response. This made her giggle.

Her giggle got a drowsy, half sleeping Manik out of his sleep. He blinked his eyes twice but then froze as he felt Nandini soft lips kissing over his heart.

Nandini was enjoying it and wanted to try again but when Manik didn't respond this time. She frowned and looked up only to find Manik looking down at her. His eyes were lighter shade of brown and looked at her with surprise yet with love and longing.

"Woh main... Woh..." Nandini sat up trying to find excuse "Galti se ho gaya, sorry" she said looking like a person who was caught in sometime they shouldn't be doing. Manik saw she didn't even looked at him while saying all this

"It's okay" he said sitting up. "Are you fine?" he asked making her frown

"Huh?" She asked confused and her reaction gave Manik an idea that she didn't remember.

"You had a nightmare last night. You were crying and shivering" he said and Nandini's eyes widened. He witnessed her having nightmare. This made her guards go high.

"You should visit a doctor" Manik added.

"No" Nandini said and Manik raised his eyebrow "I mean no need."

"Why?" Manik asked

"Tumhe kya karna hai? Tum mere pati nahi ho, don't ask me questions" she said and saw Manik's expression change. He held her arm and pulled her to him

"Kya bola?" he asked in a challenging tone

"Main..." Nandini gulped "Mat pucho na sawal phir. Mujhe jo karna hai main woh karungi" Nandini said trying to get his grip off her

"Stop running. Stop" he gritted his teeth making her look at him

"Baat kyu nahi kar sakti tum thik se?" he asked her

"Meri marzi main kuch bhi Karu" she said. She can't do this, she can't let him in. It will only give him pain.

"Meri bhi marzi hai..." Manik said and leaned closer "Main bhi Karu kuch bhi?" he asked in a dangerous tone. Nandini looked deep in his eyes

"Ma... Manik chodo" she said understanding his meaning and his eyes.

"Kyu? Ab dar lag raha hai? Kyu? You toh kissed me abhi tab meri marzi tumne kaha puchi?" he asked