Metaphor

I stood by the window, a cream cardigan over my black top and trousers. Kids were running around, jumping on piles of leaves that had fallen down, i looked up, the tree in my garden that i had planted with my brother when i was 8.

My eyes focused on the two leaves hanging from a branch right across me,
i found myself stuck in a trance.

The same corolla pulled up in my drive way, i smiled, Its been a long time, since i last saw him.

I waited by the window, i heard the door open and closed again, than footsteps coming up.

I tugged my cardigan closer to myself, the wind seemed to get colder, the children were no longer in site, i felt an odd rush of adrenaline as the footstep seemed came close.

The door opens, i keep my eyes on the tree, he stood next to me in his black ripped jeans and a simple black shirt, multiple thin chains hung around his neck and silver rings on his fingers.

I didn't like the Silence between us, it emphasized my disturbed mind, so i spoke first, "How are you?"

"Just the usual, you know?" He shrugged. It was no reassures, it added fuel to the hint of fire in my head, why are you lying to me?. "I have something to tell you"

I nodded.

"I have... I.. You know i love you, right?"

I smiled and shook my head," I know, i know everything, love, i know that you
never were in love with me, it was all your games, But you see? i played along
why? because i fucking loved you, hoping that you would return the love i gave you, but soon i gave up, i don't care anymore, love."

"I am really sorry-"

"The door is open, leave, it will neber be open again, not for you"

"I am really really-"

"What is the use of apologizing? do you think i will forgive you? knowing that you went to a fucking bar with my ex bestfriend and slept with her, I am Done, please leave"

He tired to speak again, i pointed towards the door, he walked away heavy hearted, The corolla soon drove away, i watched as it went out of my sight.

Tears fell down my face, i smiled to myself, as the same branch i has seen with two leaves came to my blurry vision, the wind blew, one of the two leaf blew away, leaving the other one empty on the branch.

"That would make a good metaphor"

_________________________________________

Being in 10th is not fun, especially in India, while you procrastinate but also crave academic validation and when you want 90+.

                                                           -Arya