3

Lee's living room was luxury, with sunlight streaming in through the sheer curtains, casting a warm glow on the wooden furniture. Y/n and her school class teacher sat on the sofa, the air filled with a mix of pride and tension.

Her teacher beamed, her eyes sparkling. "Y/N, I can't believe you've cracked the IIE entrance on your first attempt. You are the first student from our school to do so. I and the entire school are so, so proud of you."

Y/N felt a wave of emotions. The joy of her achievement was tainted by the sadness of her situation. She managed a small, grateful smile.

Her teacher continued, "The school has decided to honor you in three days. We would love to have you there to share your story with the juniors."

Y/N's smile widened, her heart swelling with pride. Just then, Seojoon stormed into the room, his face twisted with anger. "What the fuck is this, Y/N? What are you doing here?"

Startled, Y/N stood up quickly. "Oppa, our teacher is here. Please, behave."

"Behave? You should learn how to behave! We've clearly told you that you're not allowed to meet anyone. Go to your room, NOW," Seojoon barked.

"But oppa, she's our teacher, not just anyone" Y/N said, her voice trembling.

"I said go now!" Seojoon shouted. He then turned to the teacher. "And you, please leave. She's not allowed to meet anyone."

Her teacher, trying to defuse the situation, spoke gently, "Seojoon, dear, I guess you all are not aware, but she cracked the IIE exams."

"I'm well aware of what sin she's committed and how she's disgraced our family's reputation. You don't have to taunt us like that" Seojoon cut her off, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Her teacher, taken aback, replied, "No, we're proud of her and want to invite her and your family to the ceremony..."

Seojoon didn't let her finish. He snatched the invitation card from her hand and ripped it into pieces. "Please, go," he said coldly.

Y/N, her face flushed with anger, yelled, "Oppa, you can't insult my teacher like that! She's taught you as well. How can you disrespect her?"

Seojoon sneered, "I guess it's because of her you got such bad ideas, huh?"

Her teacher, holding back tears, picked up her purse. "We are still waiting for you at your felicitation. I have to go now," she said softly, before turning and walking out of the room.

Y/N watched her leave, her heart heavy with a mix of fury and helplessness. She turned to Seojoon, her eyes blazing. "You had no right, oppa," she said loud enough, her voice shaking with restrained anger.

Seojoon simply glared at her, his expression hardening. "Go to your room," he said, his tone final.

Y/N clenched her fists, tears welling up in her eyes as she stormed off to her room, slamming the door behind her. The weight of her achievement now felt like a burden she couldn't celebrate.

______

The spacious mechanical lab at IIE was bustling with new students, their excitement palpable. The room was filled with the hum of machinery and the faint scent of oil and metal. Professor Jung, a middle-aged man with sharp eyes and a commanding presence, strode into the lab.

"So, boys... ahem, I mean hello students," he began, glancing briefly at Rosé standing near the back. "Welcome to the first orientation class of IIE Mechanical. I don't want your intros here. I hope you all make an impact which leaves your mark automatically on me, & the professors here at IIE."