9

The inspector informed both Y/n and Taehyung, "The investigation will resume tomorrow at 8 am sharp. Until then, no one is permitted to leave the campus."

As soon as they stepped out of the main hall, Taehyung, still fuming, whirled around to face Y/n. "What do you want from me?" he snapped, his voice low but full of anger. "Just admit you did it! You're ruining my career too, you know? Not that you even have a career to begin with."

Y/n scoffed, crossing her arms. "Oh, please. You're acting like some victim here when we both know who couldn't keep his hands off the project."

Before Taehyung could retort, a group of boys passed by, laughing amongst themselves. One of them, with a mocking grin, called out, "Hey, Taehyung! What happened to the hero of the class? Big talk, but can't handle a simple task without blowing up the whole lab, huh?"

Another chimed in, "Now you're blaming a girl for your mess? Fake engineer!"

Taehyung clenched his fists, his jaw tightening as he growled in Y/n's direction, barely containing his frustration. "Because of you, my reputation is down the drain! I won't let you survive in this college now."

Y/n rolled her eyes, taking a step closer to him. "Oh, your reputation? You mean the one you're destroying all by yourself with that arrogant mouth of yours? Newsflash, Kim Taehyung: You're not the only one who matters here."

Taehyung looked taken aback but Y/n didn't stop. "You act like this big deal, but you're nothing more than a spoiled brat used to getting his way. You think threatening me will make things better for you? It won't."

Taehyung, still reeling from her words, tried to regain his composure. "I'm warning you, Y/n—"

"Oh, please, keep the warnings to yourself," Y/n interrupted. "Because after today, I'm not the one who's going to be worried about surviving here. You are."

As the argument escalated, Y/n found herself glaring at Taehyung's face, eyes narrowed in mock concentration. Taehyung, already on edge, snapped, "What the hell are you looking at?"

Y/n smirked, folding her arms. "I'm trying to figure out where it's written 'Idiot' on your face. I mean, you definitely have the face of one, and the way you talk just confirms it."

Taehyung's jaw tightened, but before he could respond, she added, "You know what? You should just get a T-shirt that says, 'I'm an idiot, be aware of me.' It would save people a lot of time."

Her words hung in the air like a challenge, and Taehyung's face flushed with anger, his fists clenching at his sides. He took an aggressive step toward Y/n, ready to unleash his fury when someone grabbed him from behind. "Let it go, man. Don't make this worse," a familiar voice urged.

It was Minjun, his best-friend, now in campus, pulling Taehyung back before things could escalate any further.

"Let go, Minjun! I'll show her today what it really means to mess with me!" Taehyung growled, struggling against his friend's grip.

Y/n, though already boiling with anger, paused and shot him a fierce, stunned look. She didn't say a word, just let her icy stare speak for itself, then turned and walked away toward her hostel.

Meanwhile, Minjun tightened his hold on Taehyung, using all his strength to calm him down. "Bro, seriously. Not like this. It's not worth it."

"Not worth it? She's ruining everything!" Taehyung fumed, glaring after Y/n's retreating figure.

"Yeah, I get it. But causing a scene isn't going to fix it. Let's take a step back and think, alright?" Minjun reasoned, trying to defuse the situation.