An Unlikely Alliance - 5

Blunder. She had made a pure blunder. Never the one to accept her mistakes, Murtasim's sharp words made her realise that she had crossed a line. She had said so many bitchy things to him in the past, they had the worst of fights, but this, this shouldn't have happened.

Her words had acted as a potential 'Murtasim Repellent' because, Throughout the entire night, he did not set foot in the bedroom.
And now, like a buffet spread in a five-star hotel, she had an array of things to ponder over! She did not know which one to start first.
The Betrayal of her foster parents? or that sperm donor? who had claimed him as her father. Or maybe, over her 4-hour-old husband.

The conclusion was identical, that every single person had left her exhausted to the core. She was never an abla-bechaari or an attention seeker, but somehow every single person in her life had made her feel like shit and stranded her.

They had snatched her identity, her life and now, she was Meerab Murtasim Khan, and Allah knew, how much she despised that, well perhaps murtasim knew that as well but she didn't care.

She had changed into a Fuschia kurta set and dropped herself to bed. Much to her surprise, her eyes became droopy in a fraction of time and she slept.

Meerab lay in a sweet daze of dreams, peacefully sleeping until the morning sun rays gently kissed her face. As she tried to twist her body to turn her face, she realized something was stopping her, like an invisible force holding her in place.

Well, that invisible force soon transformed into a very visible thing, like a well-built bicep, emitting warmth. Soon she realised that a similar warmth had enveloped her sideways, forcing her to open her eyes groggily from sleep. The view that greeted her was not pleasing at all. His face scooted close to heck neck and his arm wrapped around her waist.

Eye pleasing yes. Mind pleasing No.

She pushed his mighty bicep off her body a little too roughly, jolting him awake.
He seemed pissed, maybe because of lack of sleep, so he roughly grabbed his pillow and turned to the other side, burying his head in it.

Was he ignoring her?

Well, she was the one born to ignore people and not to get ignored, so soon she pulled the blanket off him and asked him, "Ye kya kar rahe the tum?"

He seemed unfazed by her question so ignored her and took the blanket from her, turning again.

Huffing, She asked him again, "Maine pucha ye kya Harkat thi, Aur kar kya rahe the tum?"
She managed to piss him to the edge because he snapped," Andhi Ho, nazar nahi aa raha so raha tha?".

"Oh really, when your hands were all over me, haan?" she retorted back.

"Kya bakwaas kar rahi Ho? Dimaag kharaab nahi hai Mera!" he snapped again, finally opening his sleepy eyes.

She eyed every single piece of furniture and ordered him, "Since you can't keep your hands to yourself, toh aaj se tum us couch par sou Ge!"

His eyes scanned that uncomfortable piece of furniture, and he barked, " Oh shut up! I don't break my promises meerab. I was sleeping, galati se Ho Gaya hoga Aur Waise bhi Gazebo ka waada toh yaad hoga tumhe, I won't touch you unless you want me to."

Waada? Which waada he was talking about?

In all the chaos, she had almost forgotten that the great Murtasim Khan had promised not to touch her unless she wanted to.

Eyeing him suspiciously, she kept a poker face and said, "Mujhe fark nahi padta, kyuki you will sleep on that couch from now on!"

"No, I won't". He growled.